AAX Progress - Oficial Web Page

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's your handy dandy one-stop shoppe to check on the progress of the AAX ports of Valhalla DSP plugins, request betas as they become available, report beta bugs, all that good stuff:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/aax-updates

It's still estimating Q1 for the Windows releases. Does that still sound right Sean? Sometime this month?

Also curious if you have any teasers about what plugins you're planning to work on once all this stuff is done. Thanks!

robertszalapski wrote:It's still estimating Q1 for the Windows releases. Does that still sound right Sean? Sometime this month?
Probably near the end of the month. If I have to slip the schedule, I'll revise the page, but I want this update process to be over.
Also curious if you have any teasers about what plugins you're planning to work on once all this stuff is done. Thanks!
No teasers. I'll announce any new plugins when they are shipping. And it will still be a while. F***ing AAX ports.

Sean Costello

Okay. Thanks for the update. Good luck finishing up. Sorry AAX sucks. As a software engineer, I think I have an slight idea of the pain.

I made an Avid voodoo doll, care to stick a pin in?

:)

ontol wrote:I made an Avid voodoo doll, care to stick a pin in?
:hihi:

Any news for us Windows users? :)

The page is currently saying mid-May is the target. It's clearly getting closer, if not quite as soon as we were all hoping. :)

robertszalapski wrote:The page is currently saying mid-May is the target. It's clearly getting closer, if not quite as soon as we were all hoping. :)
The intervals are getting smaller, too---he's now cut it down to two weeks. :)
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Only a few days left in mid May. :D

As a software engineer, I can say that proper time estimates are difficult indeed, and I empathize greatly with Sean. I'm still looking forward to the new algorithms.

I think he meant "ETA mid-May 2015". Or else he's very bad at estimates. He has missed the estimates like..three times already, I think?

The current status:

- All 5 of the Valhalla plugins are in active OSX beta testing for VST32/VST64/AU32/AU64/RTAS/AAX32/AAX64.
- 4 of the plugins running w/new Juce framework on Windows as VST32/VST64 (I still need to port Shimmer over).
- 4 plugins running as Windows AAX in debug build of PT11 (where
- Currently waiting on info from Pace or Avid on how to run the Pace Eden binary signing script within VS2010. I have logged this request into 2 places, and haven't heard back yet. If I haven't received a reply from Avid or Pace by tomorrow, I'll bump the requests.

Sean Costello

You're still adamant about not releasing the updated Win VST versions until you figure this Avid stuff out ?

I'm not only speaking for myself, I think, since the truth is PT is really just one among many actively used DAW's now.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Return to “Valhalla DSP”