Valhalla Room Bug v1.1.1 Au in Studio One

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Studio One 2.6.2 and 2.6.5 with Valhalla Room AU on osx 10.8.5

Pretty big bug in new version.

Create a mono audio track
Send to a fx buss with Valhalla Room on it
Pan the original track - the panning is having a huge effect on reverb. At 100%R the signal is dry, and 100%L the signal has reverb, almost as if panning is scaling the depth somehow.

This obviously has huge implications on all previous projects.

The VST version is unaffected by this bug. But since I mostly use Valhalla AU on all my previous and current projects, it presents a huge problem.

This sounds like a bug with how Studio One is handling the Juce AU wrapper, as other AU hosts aren't displaying this behavior.

I'll look into the AU wrapper for the plugins. For the time being, here is the recommended solution:

- Locate the latest VSTs on your system. They are probably located in the following location:

Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VSTs/ValhallaRoom.vst (the 32-bit version)
Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VSTs/ValhallaRoom_x64.vst (the 64-bit version)

- Copy these VSTs into some other location on your system. Desktop works fine.
- Run the Valhalla Room 1.1.0 installer again.
- When the installer is done, copy the VSTs from the desktop, back into the folders above. When OSX asks, agree to overwrite the files that are in the existing folder.

This will give you the 1.1.0 AUs for backwards compatibility with new projects, and 1.1.1 VSTs in case you want to try the new Dense Room algorithm.

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”