Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I just bought VVV and noticed this:

I made a small change, but it still shows the same value:

Is this bug?

Thank you for any reply.

BTW: I fully understand, that VVV uses 3 different modes, but do we really need drastic color changes when we change a "specific reverb era"?
yzcoruhT

Not a bug...just two names for the exact same functionality. What this knob does is determine the crossover frequency; below that frequency, the reverb time is adjusted by the “BassMult” amount, above that frequency, it isn’t.

BassXOver is actually a more accurate name, but “BassFreq” is a little easier for users to understand. Since the “XOver” name is used by DAW projects, it can not be changed.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

The different knob position corresponding to the same frequency is due to:

- the "warping" of the control, such that the crossover frequency is mapped to an exponential range (much easier to use than linear), and
- the quantization of the output, so that you don't have weird cutoffs like 121.27 Hz

It looks like you found a "dead spot," where the warping and the quantization interact. So, not a bug, just a side effect.

valhallasound wrote:The different knob position corresponding to the same frequency is due to:

- the "warping" of the control, such that the crossover frequency is mapped to an exponential range (much easier to use than linear), and
- the quantization of the output, so that you don't have weird cutoffs like 121.27 Hz

It looks like you found a "dead spot," where the warping and the quantization interact. So, not a bug, just a side effect.
Thanks for explaining, valhallasound. :tu:
yzcoruhT

Return to “Valhalla DSP”