piz midi plugins (windows/linux/mac)

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm actually almost done with the pads. writing it with JUCE, i basically get a fully resizable GUI for free. i guess a keyboard wouldn't be much harder, just differently shaped "pads"...
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

insertpizhere: i'm very glad that the work is going on. i have another suggestion regarding the midi pads: to add a simple text-label option for pads. obviously the text characters can be varied in dimension. and if possible add a set of icons\simbols that can be dragged on the pads. the best thing is to have the possibility to edit little images in the windows paint and load them on midipad's presets..

i could definitely do a label. i'll see about drag & drop images.

here's what i've got so far: http://thepiz.org/xt/midi16Pads.zip
default size:
- 16 pads
- resizable GUI
- right click a pad for midi learn
- velocity or cc value sent are global hidden parameters for now
- note duration is always the same (very short)

what i want is some feedback:
- does it work?
- about the velocity/cc value: i should make this learned and stored per pad, but i want it to be editable. so, where should the edit box/slider be? i don't want to clutter up the GUI.
- what should i use for midi learn, if not right click?
- do i need to implement note duration (mousedown = noteon, mouseup = noteoff)? and how about an option to send an "off" cc value (for example: mousedown = 127, mouseup = 0)? i probably will do both of these.
wrongtastic, baby

- does it work?

Yes, right click MIDI learn works and the very short note duration sort of lets me know a different note is getting spat out.
- what should i use for midi learn, if not right click?
I'm o.k. with right click.
- do i need to implement note duration (mousedown = noteon, mouseup = noteoff)? and how about an option to send an "off" cc value (for example: mousedown = 127, mouseup = 0)? i probably will do both of these.
You da man.

i'll test it as soon as possible and i'll give you a detailed feedback.
other suggestions: the edit bar could be placed in left up position. in this bar, add an option for color selection op of pads.

i think that the pads are too spaced

the resizing is amazing!!
note off on mouse release is ok for me.

regarding the images you could make iths plug capable of loading the icon that are commonly used for windows. it is useful when you decide to use this plug in combination with a wave editor.
wavelab or adube audition can automate many of theyr function with midi messages. in a double screen setup (or using two pc) you can use the first monitor to wiev the wave and the second to trigger functions (envelope fade normalize cut paste save...) that's why simbols or icons are usefull.
a set of icons could be made here by the community so everyone can download it.

drag and drop is the best way for icons.

the fixed lenght of notes is good for samples but not for synths.. it can be an option.
the text label can be visualized together with the actual note\cc nnumber if wanted

thanks for the feedback.

it might take a while to get all this working, but here's the plan:

- less space between pads
- edit bar across the top
- selectable color for background and pads
- learn velocity/cc value per pad
- control note length by duration of mouse click
- optional cc "off" value
- drag & drop icons (probably png format though) to pads
- text label per pad

anything else?
wrongtastic, baby

another option to add could be midi triggering of pads. i know this plugin is dedicated to mouse or touchscreen triggering but...
a selectable note number (let's call it "midi in trigger") will be the midi in note that will trigger the pad 1 so the other pads will be midi triggered by the following notes

insertpizhere wrote: - Midi swing/shuffle (if possible)
only now ive noticed the "if possible" comment... bad luck.. that was the one i wanted the most...

regarding notchfilter, been messing with it in the past few days. channelize is very useful in both modes. its also great that you can bypass it in both modes... its perfect...thanks

plugin request: note stepper, an if possible a 64padmidi

... can a graphic gui be added to the force to key?
i tryed the midi to tempo with xt2 and it does not work... is this cause of energy or my setup?

-PIKU- wrote:another option to add could be midi triggering of pads. i know this plugin is dedicated to mouse or touchscreen triggering but...
a selectable note number (let's call it "midi in trigger") will be the midi in note that will trigger the pad 1 so the other pads will be midi triggered by the following notes
i was thinking about adding midi triggering... this would be an easy way to do it, but would it be more useful to be able to set the trigger note per pad? maybe even with midi learn. it would still be set to sequential notes by default.

hcv242 wrote:only now ive noticed the "if possible" comment... bad luck.. that was the one i wanted the most...
well, i'm sure it's possible, but it might take me a while to figure out how.

regarding notchfilter, been messing with it in the past few days. channelize is very useful in both modes. its also great that you can bypass it in both modes... its perfect...thanks
cool. i'm glad you find it useful.

-PIKU- wrote:plugin request: note stepper, an if possible a 64padmidi
64 pads wouldn't be too hard once i'm sure the 16-pad version is done. what do you mean by note stepper?

-PIKU- wrote:... can a graphic gui be added to the force to key?
i will probably do that, but i'll keep the non-gui version too.

i tryed the midi to tempo with xt2 and it does not work... is this cause of energy or my setup?
it doesn't work in XT2 or most other hosts. i guess i should remove it from the package.

there is a way to control XT2's tempo though... you can load it inside an XT1 sequencer in live mode. then you can control it with a midi track in XT2 using a loopback device or S-Midi-Senderella.
wrongtastic, baby

midi note stepper: is the same of cc stepper but for notes. every note is played will be forwarded to the next step. an optional slider could be included to play not (or to play with no quantization) the notes that are too far from the next beat\step.
another option could be a mono switch that allows to play only the last played note before the step.

i already made something like that in synthedit. it didn't have all those options, but it quantized note on and/or note off times.

at some point i'll remake that in c++ along with the cc stepper, and that's also when i'll make an attempt at swing/shuffle.
wrongtastic, baby

Return to “Insert Piz Here”