piz midi plugins (windows/linux/mac)

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man, you are a lifesaver. The Force2Range one works. Just what I need!

Thanks a helluvalot!

soma wrote:I just like having a GUI-less version
I also like the idea of making simple and complex versions.
A complex version would have a merger of 2 ocillators:
PER OSC
-Phase
-Rate (time or beats)
-Min
-Max
-Amp offset? (good for adjusting both min/max live)
-Several shapes (every shape should have an inverse; don't forget Noise and Wander)
-SAH rate (0= off)
GLOBAL
-Smoothness (like a lp filter of shape that is good for live tweaking of sharp shapes and SAH)
-CC#
-Chan#
-output on optional CC#2 with a phase offset
-sync to play position
-trigger by note on (yes/no)
-trigger delay
thanks for this list. this isn't much more complicated than what i had in mind for the "simple" version... maybe i need to think simpler? might as well go all out for the complex one though.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Simple for me is:
-Min
-Max
-Shape
-Rate
:lol:

And don't forget on/off ;)

insertpizhere wrote: if you set the out channel to something, then "block" mode becomes "channelize" mode, and the messages are sent on that channel. i could easily apply this to "pass" mode as well, but i didn't because i couldn't think of a good name for that mode. but i might as well change it so you can pass and channelize at the same time, otherwise you'd have to put a channelize plugin after this one.
thanks for the info...and channelize working for both modes is nice...

the features i mostly look for in a lfo are sync to bar and the ability to set the lfo start phase. most lfos let you sync to bpm but dont let you sync to bar or set the phase....in synths this is very rare to find.. only 3 or 4 have it. dunno why..

How about an audio amplitude to midi CC?

Useful for creating your own LFOs from audio, etc...

kodama wrote:How about an audio amplitude to midi CC?

Useful for creating your own LFOs from audio, etc...
i'm partly done with something like this, but it's not smooth enough yet.
wrongtastic, baby

hcv242 wrote:the features i mostly look for in a lfo are sync to bar and the ability to set the lfo start phase. most lfos let you sync to bpm but dont let you sync to bar or set the phase....in synths this is very rare to find.. only 3 or 4 have it. dunno why..
it'll definitely have those features. maybe even in the "simple" version.
wrongtastic, baby

I'm writing this post typing words on the "on screen keyboard" of winxp. i'm testing a touchscreen kit for my "19 lcd monitor. it'works!!!
i remember what jimmy edgr told me when he came here in italy... DON'T SPEND YOUR LIFE ON THE MOUSE
nothing but the thruth!
i'm getting a lot of fun playng vst seq and tiggering patterns

so here is another request for a midi plugin. i need something smilar o he bitmud drumpad but with better configuraion possibility. a 16 pad version and 32 pad version could be done. a nice feature could be the LEARN function for pads, to assign notes or cc messages.

if the idea will be accepted i want to say that larger pads tan the tmud ones are better.

-PIKU- wrote:so here is another request for a midi plugin. i need something smilar o he bitmud drumpad but with better configuraion possibility. a 16 pad version and 32 pad version could be done. a nice feature could be the LEARN function for pads, to assign notes or cc messages.

if the idea will be accepted i want to say that larger pads tan the tmud ones are better.
that's also something i could use, so i'll make it. with midi learn and huge pads... maybe i can make the GUI resizable.
wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:in the tradition of the classic "some more MIDI plugins..." thread, here are some more midi plugins. my idea is do have a set of cross-platform midi VSTs.

counting what i made earlier, here's what's done so far:
midi2qwerty
midiCCChanger
midiCCToTempo
midiChannelize
midiForceToKey
midiForceToRange
midiInvertNotes
midiNotchFilter
midiSostenuto
midiVelocityScaler
XT2 transport control

windows: http://thepiz.org/xt/pizmidi.zip
linux: http://thepiz.org/xt/pizmidi.tar.bz2
mac os x: coming soon

eventually i'll make a nice organized page for them on my website.

i will make more of these. some ideas:
  • - something like the energyXT 1.x MIDI chs comp (done with this but it may need a GUI)
    - something like ndc MIDIForce2Key (done)
    - something like soma's enveloper (audio to CC) (in progress)
    - CC changer/scaler/filter (done?)
    - CC smoother (see soma CC_Glider)
    - CC unsmoother like my SynthEdit cc stepper
    - note transposer/filter (like XT 1.x MIDI Patcher / asseca's MidiSplit)
    - random note generator (better than randomid)
    - random cc generator (maybe something like Modismaster)
    - velocity scaler (done)
    - note to CC (like NicFit velonotes2cc)
    - midi monitor (somewhere between the SynthEdit one and asseca's)
    - plugin which controls the host's tempo (in case energyXT ever supports this?) (done with a simple CC-value to tempo thing, should add tap tempo)
    - something like Trollo (configurable qwerty to midi)
    - some kind of graphical CC LFO/envelope (like XT 1.x envelope comp)
    - simple (quick, easy) CC LFO (i should do this next)
    - joystick to midi
    - mouse (trackball, trackpad, graphics tablet...) to midi
    - learning midi message translator (midi macros?) (14% done)
    - note inverter, like Tobybear's MIDI-Mirror (done)
    - midi swing/shuffle (if possible)
    - note (start,stop,length) quantizer
    - CC sliders/buttons/X-Y pads
    - CC modulator
    - midi delay
    - pitchbend/aftertouch/cc converter
    - "drum pads" - a bunch buttons that send midi messages
    - any other useful ideas i can think of
maybe a bit comlicated, but what about a kind of "midi buffer" (i requested this at jorgen a hundred times, and he always promised to implemet, but i think so far he has other , more urgent pririties) ... i imagine a kind of sub-sequencer that keeps track of your midi played since your last "play"-pressing and keeps recording them in multiple tracks while looping, like the ols Audiotrack in XT 1.4 ... then you should be able do drag and drop your favourite accidential sequence into the seuqencer... this way you might play along without piling the mididata in the original sequencer an use recent accidentially played great elements ...
dont know whether this is possible or complicated at all, but it is a great function in Logic ... there you just hit "paste recent midi" and voilá ...

just a suggestion, but maybe jorgen alredy planned sthlikethis
--

...glad to be EXTended :D
...Always stay in tune...!

Yesss, Midi buffer but even better
Is it possible to make Midi Buffer or Midi Recorder plugin that is able to quantize recording and Loop points on bar or beat. It means very simply that I would like to press a sustain pedal and recording of a midi loop would start. When I release a sustain pedal, recording would stop but Loop Out point stops on first next bar or beat.
do not spend your life on the mouse!

try the numerikart midi loopaziode.... it makes something similar

but +1 for the live midi looper with quantized start an stop points

-PIKU- wrote:try the numerikart midi loopaziode.... it makes something similar

but +1 for the live midi looper with quantized start an stop points
bidule Midi Buffer makes something similar, Midi Part in Xt 1.4 makes something similar, Midi Buffer in Synth Maker makes something similar ,but everything is based on non quantizible loop points.

insertpizhere: if you liked the pad rows idea and you'll succeed in realizing it with resize option (vst3 standard allows resizing?)... you could consider to realize a virtual keyboard with resize and selectable number of octaves...

Return to “Insert Piz Here”