A couple of things (midi)

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First of all, thanks so much for all your midi plugins, they are quite useful. If I may, here's a minor bug report and a feature request:

- BR (midiKeyboard): "Y" velocity for black keys is off
When you activate "Y" mode to get velocity info from the y-position of the mouse clicks on the keys, the y-axis for the black keys seems to be calibrated to the same "pixel length" as for the white keys... but since the black keys are shorter you can't get to the higher velocities.

- FR (midiProbability): Randomise timing
It would be great if you could implement some randomisation to the note "timing" (when note events actually occur in time), maybe even in the same way that velocity can be randomised, per-slot and/or globally. I understand that you cannot play back a note before it comes in so you could only delay them by a random amount, but still it would help in some situations such as humanising stiff midi material, or even for creative purposes. Just a thought anyway...
The mind boggles.

Juanjo wrote:- FR (midiProbability): Randomise timing
It would be great if you could implement some randomisation to the note "timing" (when note events actually occur in time), maybe even in the same way that velocity can be randomised, per-slot and/or globally. I understand that you cannot play back a note before it comes in so you could only delay them by a random amount, but still it would help in some situations such as humanising stiff midi material, or even for creative purposes. Just a thought anyway...
you can kind of get that effect with midiSwing, but certainly midiProbability would be a logical place to look for it. will add it eventually...

i'll see if i can fix the midiKeyboard thing.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

updated midiKeyboard (windows version) with adjusted Y-velocity for black keys:
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiKeyboard.zip
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Just tested it and it works fine, much appreciated.

And thanks for the midiSwing tip as well.
The mind boggles.

Return to “Insert Piz Here”