Swamp-XT-my DAW's dont list this VST plugin for use/selection

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have loaded many of the HG VST plugins(free,demos, and 2 purchased) and have had no problems with any of them working in all my DAW's. Except for this one.

Swamp-XT(the free version) does not show up in my selection list of VST plugins to be able to use. The SEP files folder is set up, but just not listed to use.

I have a Windows 7 system AMD dual core system- and using Mixcraft 5.2 for my DAW. the other DAW I have tried is FL studio.

I have the VST plugin installed in the 32 bit section in the VST folder like all the rest of HG plugins are located.

Any ideas from anyone why Swamp-XT does not get listed or recognized? I read through the manual and didnt see/notice anything mentioning any system restrictions.

Looks like another interesting Synth if I could ever get to show up in my list.

thank you for any info,

Dave :)

I just tried something by putting the SwampXT.dll file into Acousticas Mixcraft DAW(their own third party VST folder), and it now gets recognized/listed.

Not sure why or what the difference is from all the other HG VST plugins which are centrally located in the main VST folder in the 32 bit section/directory.

So I now can use SwampXT-free to test it out. Cool.

If anyone has any ideas why SwampXT is more picky in where it is located for use, Let me know.

cheers,

Dave

:)

Hello,

Just to add to this topic which has been up for a while.

The reason SwampXT was not listed in my DAW(Acoustica's Mixcraft) is because I seemed to had it down in too many levels of folders before it could access the plugin.

If I setup SwampXT in my main VST folder and then just have the SwampXT folder as the next level, it works great.

When I went down another level of folders such as:

VST-->VST Synths--->SwampXT (these are folder names)

Mixcraft did not find or list the SwampXT.dll plugin.

So if you find that some plugins dont get listed in the DAW, might want to check how you have your folders setup to get to the plugin once in the main VST folder.

Now some plugins are a don't care and can have as many levels of folders as you want before getting to the plugin, but then some are fussy as SwampXT was. I have found a couple others that did the same thing.

Whether this is unique to Mixcraft, I dont know cause I dont have any other DAWs at this time.

So, that is the rest of the story for me.

Take care and if your not creating music, your missing all the fun,

Dave

datyr1: is there a free version of xt in your vsti folder also? Delete it!

Hi Pauleamca,

No, I just have the pro version of the program in the VST folder. I dont think I had both programs installed at the same time.

This is not only VST plugin that has been fussy in being listed in my Mixcraft DAW. This may just be a Acoustica Mixcraft problem in recognizing installed VST plugins. I definately know Acoustica Mixcraft does not support 64 bit plugins.

I have gotten new updates for Mixcraft since then, maybe when I get time, I will try moving this plugin around to see if it does the same thing.

I only have one other DAW installed which is FL studio. Dont remember if I tried this problem with that DAW.

Thanks for your ideas and help though, I know sometimes I forget to remove the free demos when I replace them with the Pro versions. As long as all works now, I am a happy camper.

take care,

Dave :)

Return to “HG Fortune”