Hollow Sun Kontakt Vintage String Synths II now available...

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've updated the Kontakt string synths package to include extensive scripting that gives considerably more flexibility by putting a complete control panel at your fingertips to enable you to mix the various footages and sounds of these wonderful old instruments much like using 'the real thing'...

See the entire rack of string synths HERE.

More details HERE

It is available now at the same price (£16 / €19 / $25) and with some added, bonus sounds.

Existing customers who want to upgrade should contact me quoting their order number for a free upgrade.

This is an exciting upgrade and allows the creation of truly colossal sounds with the elegantly simple UI control of the original instruments but with advantages of the modern age.

Cheers,

Steve

Ooh - those front panels look a lot more sophisticated as well Steve 8)

Looks like a lot more flexibility available overall too.

Nice work :tu:

Martin

Thanks Martin.

Yes - having all those controls takes me back to having the originals and just tweaking controls to get/create new sounds. Liberating.

And some of the stacks are colossal. The ARP|Solina is one - a wall of sound when everything's turned up.

The RS202|VP330 is another. I was never fan of the RS202 string sound on its own but when you mix in the VP330 choir sound, it all gels into a glorious sound.

But I also remember having the originals where a footage was either ON or OFF with switches. Just being able to mix in a hint of a lower or higher octave allows so many subtle possibilities.

Cheers,

Steve

Hello,

I purchased this sample set, and just wanted to let you know of a small bug...

When unzipping with WinRar on Windows, two of the nki files give errors during extraction...the ARP|Solina.nki and the RS202|VP330.nki.

I am sure it is because of the | character...when it unzips, the | is replaced by an underscore, so ARP|Solina.nki becomes ARP_Solina.nki, etc.

No biggie, just thought I would mention it! :)
Terry @ Meathook Audio

Hi Terry!

Yep - I've mentioned this to Steve already.

One of the perils of creating on a Mac and then your customer installing on a PC :hihi:

As you say, although an error appears, the install carries on anyway so nothig is lost ;)

Martin

In some cases (exact reasons unknown), the unzipper won't allow you to even unzip saying that there is an error in the files and refuses to go any further while others unzip the kosher ones but not the ones with the 'illegal' character :roll:

I had a few of those with some early adopters.

It's fixed now with a revised upload so there'll be no more problems.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Bloody PCs! :roll:

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

Great idea to package these all as one product. Could you perhaps add the most vintage string machine, the ELKA?

Jim
The keeper of the Shrine.
http://lldom.blogspot.com
The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI

If I could lay my hands on an ELKA, yes - I certainly would.

But a developer chum of mine, Forgotten Keys, has one HERE which would complete the collection nicely.

I have plans as well for a full emulation of the magnificent Roland VP330 as I have managed to lay my hands on one from which I will be able to get more detailed samples of the wonderful choir sound. No timescale on that yet - watch this space as they say.

Cheers,

Steve

Hello,

I just like to know what are the differecences between the Elka Rhapsody 490 (the one added in this collection) and the Rahpsody 610, the one used by Jean Michel Jarre (like in his track Equinoxe 4).
I mean especially about the sound they generated.
Please, any ideas?

Thanx in advance.
Andrea
We are the true makers of our destiny.

They are largely the same except that the 610 had a (ahem) 'piano' and 'clavichord' sounds.

The strings are the same as I understand it.

Cheers,

Stephen

Just bought it after two seconds of listening on the site. No need to think about anything new from HS.
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

OK, been trying it for, oh, five minutes. These sound wowwww.
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Return to “Hollow Sun”