DrumSpillage 2 Beta Thread

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

padillac wrote:Any love planned for renoise kit/pad switching?
Will be testing in the latest Renoise 3 beta over the weekend.

OK, in Renoise you need to check the 'Enable Keyboard' box in the bottom left of the UI. Not entirely sure why but it relates to how Renoise deals with UI events I believe.

audiospillage wrote:
OK, in Renoise you need to check the 'Enable Keyboard' box in the bottom left of the UI. Not entirely sure why but it relates to how Renoise deals with UI events I believe
Huh weird. Unfortunately it means you can't play notes with the keyboard or even start / stop the sequencer, so that's kinda inconvenient for trying stuff out. But if I've got a pattern programmed and running then I can switch things up and hear the changes easily enough. Works for me, thanks!

padillac wrote:
audiospillage wrote:
OK, in Renoise you need to check the 'Enable Keyboard' box in the bottom left of the UI. Not entirely sure why but it relates to how Renoise deals with UI events I believe
Huh weird. Unfortunately it means you can't play notes with the keyboard or even start / stop the sequencer, so that's kinda inconvenient for trying stuff out. But if I've got a pattern programmed and running then I can switch things up and hear the changes easily enough. Works for me, thanks!
Thanks for the info. It is a bit of a weird one to be honest. I'll check around to see if there is a better solution for this.

moscom_electronics wrote:Not that I can tell. Only DS2 does this :( Were you able to reproduce it?
OK, fixed. Will be working in the release version.

OOoooooh great! :) Looking forward to the next release! Plenty of time to test it if it happens this week :)

I have a quick question regarding the filters, especially the HP filter. I might be doing something wrong, so beware :)

I have the feeling that when the cutoff frequency of the Hi Pass is set at its minimum, 20 Hz, it actually cuts the signal at much higher frequency, i.e. 20 Hz is actually at a much larger gain reduction that the -3 (-6??) dB that one would probably expect. Signals whose base freuquencies are around 50-60 Hz are strongly affected for example.

First, is it correct? :) Second, is it normal behavior?

Cheers

moscom_electronics wrote:I have a quick question regarding the filters, especially the HP filter. I might be doing something wrong, so beware :)

I have the feeling that when the cutoff frequency of the Hi Pass is set at its minimum, 20 Hz, it actually cuts the signal at much higher frequency, i.e. 20 Hz is actually at a much larger gain reduction that the -3 (-6??) dB that one would probably expect. Signals whose base freuquencies are around 50-60 Hz are strongly affected for example.

First, is it correct? :) Second, is it normal behavior?

Cheers
You're right! We've fixed this issue ready for the release. It affects the pre-filter in the distortion too. Apologies for that!

Very cool! Eager to test beta 4 (or RC??)!

And I noticed another thing ;)

I have assigned the Wave 1 parameter of the bass drum model to a physical controller using the configure tool in Live. Instead of returning the name of the wave, it returns a percentage. Would it be possible to change this percentage to a string?

Thanks!

Cheers

moscom_electronics wrote:And I noticed another thing ;)

I have assigned the Wave 1 parameter of the bass drum model to a physical controller using the configure tool in Live. Instead of returning the name of the wave, it returns a percentage. Would it be possible to change this percentage to a string?
Nice idea, thanks!

Cool! Basically it would be cool that when possible, the parameter returns info in a format similar to the one the GUI uses. If you can do so, this would be really great!

Hi,

I also a small feature request. Would it be possible to make the model menu accessible as a paramter? As DS2 is quite a complex beast, and I like hardware interfaces, I have a Lemur interface for DS2 in mind, and I noticed that the model menus do not seem to be accessible at least as parameters and maybe not (I did not check though) with MIDI cc's.

I may stand corrected though ;)

Cheers

Moscom

You're right. The model parameter isn't currently available for automation. That could be changed though and it makes more sense in V2.

AudioSpillage

That would be really cool! Thanks!

Return to “AudioSpillage”