SplineEQ v1.1; 64-bit AU?

Official support for: photosounder.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SplineEQ

For some reason, v1.1 isn't showing up in Logic Pro X. Any idea why? For the previous version, there were separate 32-bit and 64-bit plugins.. but this version seems to have just one (32-bit?). Should there be two versions?

Thanks for the help!

Just bought this - I too thought there was a 64 bit AU but it hasn't installed one

They were supposed to be 32/64 bit builds but for some reason the 64 bit part isn't working at all. I'm investigating.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

OK looks like the problem has to do with using an old version of the framework that does all the AU/VST stuff. So I'll just upgrade and that should do the trick.

are we supposed to receive an update e-mail ?

cheers
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Can anyone test this and see if it works on 64-bit Mac? It should work, thanks.

http://photosounder.com/splineeq/splineeq_mac_64.zip

Tp3 wrote:are we supposed to receive an update e-mail ?

cheers
I'll send a newsletter, otherwise no, you just download it with your download link, and if you don't have it anymore just enter your e-mail address in the form in the download page on the site.

A_SN wrote:Can anyone test this and see if it works on 64-bit Mac? It should work, thanks.

Yes it's loading in 64 and 32 bit hosts now - thanks

Interface resize doesn't seem to do anything though

aMUSEd wrote:
A_SN wrote:Can anyone test this and see if it works on 64-bit Mac? It should work, thanks.

Yes it's loading in 64 and 32 bit hosts now - thanks

Interface resize doesn't seem to do anything though
Awesome! I've just updated everything with the new builds so it should work for everyone now.

And you have to close down the instance of SplineEQ entirely (not just the interface) and then open it again.

A_SN wrote: And you have to close down the instance of SplineEQ entirely (not just the interface) and then open it again.
I know - doesn't work - just stays stuck on the middle setting.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

aMUSEd wrote:
A_SN wrote: And you have to close down the instance of SplineEQ entirely (not just the interface) and then open it again.
That's weird, does it remember your other settings like the visualisation settings?

A_SN wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
That's weird, does it remember your other settings like the visualisation settings?
Nope

Also is there any way to get rid of the latency? It's quite noticeable.

aMUSEd wrote:
A_SN wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Nope
Oops, I guess I had only fixed the Mac preference saving in Spiral and not SplineEQ. Anyway I've fixed it and updated the whole thing, you should try it again.

As for the latency you can turn the Delay knob all the way down (maybe I should make this the default actually..) which should help. Also increasing the resolution increases the latency. Otherwise remember that it's a linear phase EQ.

OK great - working now. Thanks. It looks awesome in widescreen mode. Could you please make it save the path to presets too though, it keeps defaulting to the desktop which is the last place I would keep them.

I can get latency down to 7ms which isn't bad, maybe it would be useful to have a minimum phase mode for tracking?

Return to “Photosounder”