StrumMaker III and Midi Chord Progressions

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I own AGC and StrumMaker III, and am just beginning to get the hang of it. I have a quick question. If I have a midi file with a basic chord progression, what is the easiest way to "strum" this progression with StrumMaker? Do I need to input the individual chords from the progression into StrumMaker, or can I simply load the midi file on the track (I'm using Reaper) where I have placed Kontakt/StrumMaker as the VST?

Thanks!

It depends on what is in the midi file. Strummaker is designed to be triggered by single notes- if you want an A minor, you play an A on the keyboard and choose "minor" on the variation knob. Then everytime you hit an A, you get the A minor.
If your midi file contains chords, or more than one note at a given time, it will just confuse the script. You will need to enter the chords (by playing single root notes) one at a time. You can do this real time to a click or a drum track, so it should be a very quick process.
We will be updating the StrumMaker script later this year, and chord recognition is one of the features we're hoping to add.
Hope this answers your question?
TC

Yes it does - thanks!

tcollins wrote: We will be updating the StrumMaker script later this year, and chord recognition is one of the features we're hoping to add.
Hi Tracy...I'm new user of your product....are these features impemented yet ?

Regards,
Agus Hardiman

Return to “Indiginus”