Brío Latin Percussion Ensemble- Available now!

Official support for: indiginus.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,
Please check out the overview of Brío, our new, drum machine style (sort of) Latin percussion instrument for Kontakt 4+.
$42 USD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO4h2DdGXjo

This looks pretty cool! I saw two guiros...is there also a metal guira? I hope it will be affordable like the rest of your products! :) -Perry-

Aargh! Why do you make your instruments so easy to use and so powerful ;) And on Kontakt 4!

It looks like it's another one of yours that I'll have to get.

And now, a few ideas /questions:
(a) change the On column blue LEDs to Mute buttons,
(b) change the hit blue LEDs to something more tonally consistent - orange perhaps,
(c) what do the Mixer sliders do (SY?, SDC?, LDC?)
(d) the video mentioned 12 keyswitches and 24 patterns; perhaps you could consider expanding the keyswitch range to be 2 octaves, so all the patterns are available
(e) does the pattern selector drop-down display all 24 patterns without scrolling? (I do hope so).

As in:

If you want a beta tester ...
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:(e) does the pattern selector drop-down display all 24 patterns without scrolling? (I do hope so).
This cannot be influenced by scripting at all - Kontakt populates the dropdown menu, and the size of it pretty much depends on four factors: screen resolution, font size (selected in Options), number of elements in the menu and position at which the menu was opened.

TC, I see you've maxed out on ui_buttons or something ;) Extremely well thought out and executed library! :tu:

DarkStar wrote:Aargh! Why do you make your instruments so easy to use and so powerful ;) And on Kontakt 4!

It looks like it's another one of yours that I'll have to get.

And now, a few ideas /questions:
(a) change the On column blue LEDs to Mute buttons,
(b) change the hit blue LEDs to something more tonally consistent - orange perhaps,
(c) what do the Mixer sliders do (SY?, SDC?, LDC?)
(d) the video mentioned 12 keyswitches and 24 patterns; perhaps you could consider expanding the keyswitch range to be 2 octaves, so all the patterns are available
(e) does the pattern selector drop-down display all 24 patterns without scrolling? (I do hope so).

As in:

If you want a beta tester ...
Some great ideas! You inspired me to change the track on/off buttons to green to differentiate them from the blue grid buttons. The mic abbreviations are for:

ST- Stereo pair, spaced.
Dyn- Dynamic mic, close
SDC- Small diaphragm condenser
LDC- Large Diaphragm Condenser. For bass response underneath.

studiocat wrote:This looks pretty cool! I saw two guiros...is there also a metal guira? I hope it will be affordable like the rest of your products! :) -Perry-
Perry-
A metal guira, maracas, and timbale side hits will be in a future update.

EvilDragon wrote:

TC, I see you've maxed out on ui_buttons or something ;) Extremely well thought out and executed library! :tu:
EvilDragon-
Yes, who knew there was a 256 button limit? I had to use ui_switches after the grid was done, and I had to pace myself as to not run out of those! :wink:
Anyway, thanks for the good word.

I hope you made those ui_switches non-automatable so that they behave exactly as buttons, then? ($CONTROL_PAR_ALLOW_AUTOMATION set to 0.)

As far as new percussion, what I think could be a very cool way of switching between them is having dropdown menus to the left of the sequencer grid, instead of just names of various percussions. You click it and select what you want to be played by that sequencer row. I see some people at VI-Control already requesting some other perc. :)

Also, is it just me or does the sequencer grid not change when you load a different pattern via keyboard? In the second video (audio demo) you posted I didn't notice it changing when obviously a different pattern was playing. :oops:

I'm a big fan of Indiginus stuff and this Brio looks to be a fantastic little gem.....my next item to get. When I bought SMIV, I got it for Kontakt 4, but since then I've upgraded to Kontakt 5. Is it possible to get SMIV for Kontakt 5?
(Reason I'm asking this is I'm planning on getting Delta Blues as well, I'd like to have all 3 libraries in Kontakt 5 and not have to switch back and forth with Kontakt 4.)
Make music :harp:

^^^
They will all load in Kontakt 5 too. You do not need a Kontakt 5-specific verison
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^
They will all load in Kontakt 5 too. You do not need a Kontakt 5-specific verison
Yes, I've got SMIV to work under the Files Tab, but would like to be under the Library Tab where they're all laid out nicely. :wink:

That's not related to the Kontakt version.

To be listed on the Libraries tab, Tracy would need to reach some agreement with NI for a licence, and pass the additional costs onto us users.
Inspired by ...

Is it because K5 uses a different format than K4 in its scripting and not having backwards compatibility?

Nope. Libraries tab is only for Kontakt Player libraries. To get a library encrypted to that format, the developer needs to pay NI licencing fees.

Thanks for the replies guys......I now understand the situation. :)

Return to “Indiginus”