Recommend USB Audio Interface

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BERFAB wrote: I do have USB 3.0 on the PC, but I didn't know that the KA6 was 3.0 ready, so I've always used a 2.0 port. If I use 3.0 will I get any noticeable benefits? Lower latency, perhaps?
Actually the opposite. You will most likely get BSOD (computer crashing) if you use USB3 port. Currently it is not compatible with USB3

I ordered the KA6 today after a lot of research. Hopefully it will perform good and be as stable as my Scarlett 2i2 was :)

I bought KA6 also and no problems at all so far. I can use even 64 size buffer without any noticeable glitches (although according to benchmarks latency will not be as low as with RME, etc..)

I got my KA6 today :) . I have tested it with Ableton Live and other stuff like iTunes, games and YouTube and it works fine so far. This is on a Win 8 PC with USB 2.0 ports only. Thought I should mention that as there are people who has trouble to get it working with USB 3.0. I will test the KA6 harder tonight

Still not a Win8 machine, but did upgrade the 'old' one from XP to Win 7. Though the same hardware, couldn't get the Terratec Phase X24 FW FireWire interface (that worked without problems in XP) running under Win7.
So got me a Avid/M-Audio Fasttrack C400, installed it but opening the controle panel it crashed. Tried reinstalling, nothing worked. So returned it. Next option was the Komplete Audio 6, but had doubts. Saw an offer for a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 just €7 more than the KA6, so opted for that one. And it works great! And als it has Win8 drivers, I hope it will run als well on my soon to be built new Win8 machine.

Anything by MOTU. I have used them for years in studio and live situations. Never let me down.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”