NI interface seems to produce CPU spikes even iddle

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plastic wrote:Do you use another USB cable than the one supplied?
Actually, yes. The person who sold it to me didn't have the original cable. Would that matter?

urlwolf wrote:
Actually, yes. The person who sold it to me didn't have the original cable. Would that matter?
It does matter. It wanted to use a longer cable with my audio kontrol 6 so I got a very high quality pimped up 3m USB 2.0 cable from amazon, with gold plugs and whatever. It works but after some time there are always pops and crackles.
With the short cable that comes with the unit I don't have issues.

urlwolf wrote:My wifi card is disabled; I wish it was that easy.
There's a button on the computer to disable it (nice, HP). I could disable it in the bios. DPC checker shows all green, latmon shows some round times around .3 but this is nothing to worry about.
Oh man!! this is a hard one! I hope you can get a solution without changing the audio interface.
I just have two things in my mind, usb (changing cable, port, or even a powered hub) and testing Asio4All or another audio interface.
Are you getting this problem also with Asio4all driver (using the integrated sound card)?

urlwolf wrote:
It very well could- the included cable has one of those ferrite RF shields.

ew
A spectral heretic...

def worth trying a different (shorter/higher quality) usb cable - I was having all sorts of weird issues with my novation nocturn keyboard, ditched the long (unshielded) cable novation supplier and used a shorter/shielded cable and problems disappeared. Original long cable was fine with my older (cor2duo) machine - suspect modern (usb3) capable chipsets are somewhat fussier (even when plugged into a 'usb2 only' port)

How long is the original cable? I've found some pictures but they're all bundled up so it's hard to guess the length.

I also have a used AK1 that didn't come with the original cable. I have no issues when using old drivers (2.3.14) but anything newer causes all sorts of dropouts and pops. I tried every driver release since but nothing works as well. The downside to 2.3.14 is they're 32-bit only.

Also, when I was looking up USB cables as a possible fix I thought I read that ferrite beads are bad for USB audio?

That cable looks like the one I got with my AK1. I tried updating my NI driver yesterday, to the most recent ( v3.0.1). It made the light on top of the AK1 stay lit all the time and installed an updated software interface. The buttons stopped working too. I uninstalled and went back to v2.3.1 ... everything works properly again. This is on a 32bit system running XP.

thecontrolcentre wrote:That cable looks like the one I got with my AK1. I tried updating my NI driver yesterday, to the most recent ( v3.0.1). It made the light on top of the AK1 stay lit all the time and installed an updated software interface. The buttons stopped working too. I uninstalled and went back to v2.3.1 ... everything works properly again. This is on a 32bit system running XP.
3.1 is for W7/W8 only- that's why the lights stayed on:

http://co.native-instruments.com/?id=up ... te_id=2537

ew
A spectral heretic...

Should have read the release notes :dog:

This thing is still clicking and popping on spotify :(
My solution:
- use fidelify with asio
- Do not buy any NI crap ever again

Oh, and asio is not great either.
In studio one, some plugins in some ocassions (tone2 filterbank) produce buffer underruns. At all values of buffer. After a while, the interface dies, and I have to restart S1. What a piss poor show.

Solution 2 is probably the best in the long term. The AK1 is a nice piece of kit but it seems NI are more interested in catering to the DJ market these days. I've been considering getting a Focusrite but right now I'm managing OK with the AK1.

Also, they didn't develop the hardware or drivers. That was done by caiaq. I contacted them almost a year ago about the streaming errors I was getting with any driver version above 2.3.14, but despite getting a very quick response I never heard any more from them. This might also explain why the AK1 didn't get a firmware update to add class-compliance like the KA6 and Traktor interfaces did.

Some days ago i wrote some solutions to investigate ,Can't say if this is helping everybody but i guess it's worth a look.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p5689036
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

I just found this on NI's support pages.

Interestingly, I don't think any of my cables match this spec.

Most of my USB cables don't seem to have any code labels - even the so called high spec ones

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”