strange behavior SATA Hard Disk

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Dear Trick, in a little while I go out for drinks\aperitiff while there is this fair and maybe meet some friends technician ... i hope...

Is your new disk definately an HDD and not an SSD?
Could be the appropriate driver isnt installed or AHCP isnt enabled in the BIOS.

I wouldnt think this would cause a boot failure though
Amazon: why not use an alternative

AHCP is enable, i looking for and i have another SATA that works perfect...

Try the disk in question in another machine if you can.
Could be the disk is f**ked

Oh, i hope no... All my dear datas...!!! but is what i'll do... Anyway thanks! ;-)

Just worst case scenario hehe

It's not AHCP but AHCI!
Try to change it to IDE and see if it boot.

Thanks scalawag, tomorrow i'll try sure this solution...

scalawag wrote:It's not AHCP but AHCI!
Try to change it to IDE and see if it boot.
whoops, thats what I meant!
gett ing my acronyms mixed up :oops:

The 90's called to get their ide drive back

Dear Friends, a friend of mine who works with computers solved the problem, a problem very very simple but i can't explain in italian language (sorry!) ... anyway I wanna say sincerely Thanks to all... All is saved: my MP3 collection (that i've converted from original CDs), teaching materials from the school of audio engineer (precious), all software & plugins i use in my projects and sample libraries (especially the acoustic instruments for Kontakt cause a plugin can't recreate well a Cello, for example...)... Thanks again & good Luck all! :-)

Turello wrote:Dear Friends, a friend of mine who works with computers solved the problem, a problem very very simple but i can't explain in italian language (sorry!)
If you can't explain it in Italian, maybe you could explain it in English? :P

in practice was a driver problem cause i work with XP 32 bit on a AMD 4core 64bit, i see my friend, in windows 7 (that recognize the drive without problems) go to computer, click with right mouse button,property, select advanced,"Startup and Recovery", "settings" and leave the thick on "restart automatically"... until now i don't try the driver cause i backup in an external usb drive but probably tomorrow i'll try, just to understand for the future... a relief whisper... in english is most difficult!!!

You went to Windows 7 to start Windows XP? :o

not to start XP, with another machine... XP is my OS (the SATA drive have not an OS), quello con cui ti sto comunicando che mi fai dannare l'anima!!! -_-

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”