Strange Situation

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah. Unfortunately, I'm still not sure why you're running Firefox and a DAW (and some of the other apps) at the same time.

Maybe if we knew specifically what you were trying to do, we could help. It'll be easier now that we know what you're running as far as hardware and software.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks to all of you, the problem is solved.

Love you all:-)
Classic.

classic wrote:Thanks to all of you, the problem is solved.

Love you all:-)
Classic.
Would you mind letting us all know what the solution was? It might be helpful for anyone else who has a similar problem.

Thanks.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Of course.

It is tooooooooo simple and very ........well it was the first thing I checked but did not check precise enough.
On of the plugs of my headphones was not totally plugged in so I did not see it.
It must have been slipped out as I was moving the computer for cleaning purposes.

After all the software testing I just checked it again and moved both with my hands and then found on of them
slipping in a little bit.
And after that, everything was like it should be.

Nobody is perfect:)

And for everybody who tried to help, let me say on thing, you are what I expect from KVR members.
Really helpful and friendly.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
classic

Jesus, so happy everything went out find and it works again....puhhhhh

Excellent! Glad you resolved it!

Steve

planetearth wrote:Excellent! Glad you resolved it!

Steve

Did you understand any of that, as a computer tech?

You left a bit of a snarky remark for me at the other thread when I stated the truth, but now you claim to understand what this person said.

Could you spell it out for me, because, no offense to anyone, but I do not have the slightest f**king clue what he is going on about. Do you?

Btw, before I was just making the point that it was a sticky. You might not have liked my delivery, but I can be a bit abrasive sometimes. Anyone that has ever PMd me with a problem knows I go all out to help them. I'm sorry if I failed to make my simple point.

It's cool.

But could you just explain to me what this person's problem was that you and I both took the time to diagnose? I know people think some of us mad, but, hey, I think this is a good test case, don't you?

Btw, if you just want to act all insulted and wounded, then that is ok too.

It was just a general kind of question. I'm really not expecting any kind of meaningful response.

Still, I would be very very surprised if you can turn around to me and put this person's problems into some kind of meaningful thing.

As for the original person, when people ignore me after me spending time with them to help them, then, well...

But I am interested in your findings as a computer tech. Really. I am most curious.

codec_spurt wrote:
planetearth wrote:Excellent! Glad you resolved it!

Steve

Did you understand any of that, as a computer tech?

You left a bit of a snarky remark for me at the other thread when I stated the truth, but now you claim to understand what this person said.

Could you spell it out for me, because, no offense to anyone, but I do not have the slightest f**king clue what he is going on about. Do you?

Btw, before I was just making the point that it was a sticky. You might not have liked my delivery, but I can be a bit abrasive sometimes. Anyone that has ever PMd me with a problem knows I go all out to help them. I'm sorry if I failed to make my simple point.

It's cool.

But could you just explain to me what this person's problem was that you and I both took the time to diagnose? I know people think some of us mad, but, hey, I think this is a good test case, don't you?

Btw, if you just want to act all insulted and wounded, then that is ok too.

It was just a general kind of question. I'm really not expecting any kind of meaningful response.

Still, I would be very very surprised if you can turn around to me and put this person's problems into some kind of meaningful thing.

As for the original person, when people ignore me after me spending time with them to help them, then, well...

But I am interested in your findings as a computer tech. Really. I am most curious.
As a computer tech, I understood enough of it to know that he resolved it, and that that was all I was likely to get from it. There was some breakdown in communication throughout this; we didn't quite understand what he was even attempting, and he may not have fully understood why we were suggesting he not run Firefox, Flash or half of the other apps. But I knew his final answer (which appeared to do with a cable not inserted fully) was all I was going to get, so I cut my losses. You didn't see me thank him for his explanation or "claim to understand" what he said. I simply said I was glad he resolved it. He was gracious in thanking everyone for their help (which many here fail to do), and he was happy the problem was solved. There was no need to badger him for more specific information, especially if it was simply a problem with a cable.

I didn't take the earlier comments you pointed at me seriously. I've read enough of your comments to have a feel for how you want to be "taken" on here, seriously or not. I don't believe what I said was "snarky"; I was only trying to help someone who had posted here. I did not revive the thread on my own, which is where your issue seemed to lie. You and I have "gotten along" well enough in these threads that I didn't see the need to comment to you or attack you directly, so I just let it go. I was not "acting all insulted and wounded".

For what it's worth, I appreciate what you offered here. "We" may not have solved the issue, but it's solved, and I guess that's all that really matters. (That said, if it happens again, the OP has some 'splainin' to do!)

Steve

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”