What was the first computer you owned?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

80286, 12 MHz, around 1991-92 (I was using Modedit through custom built DAC on LPT port :) )

Sinclair ZX81, long, looong ago... Around 1982 or so... :) Bought it as a kit.
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

bassg wrote:80286, 12 MHz, around 1991-92 (I was using Modedit through custom built DAC on LPT port :) )
That's hardcore :-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Commodore 64

Atari 512 ST
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

ZX81 - then a TI99/4a (which I still have) or it may have been a C64.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

ganym3d wrote:Sinclair ZX81, long, looong ago... Around 1982 or so... :) Bought it as a kit.
Same here, just not a kit. My dad was a programmer by trade and soon got tired of the 1K limitation. We got an Amstrad CPC 464 not much later, with a whopping 64K.

I still remember my dad teaching me BASIC on the ZX81 (I must have been about 5 or 6 years old at the time).

Jace-BeOS wrote:
bassg wrote:80286, 12 MHz, around 1991-92 (I was using Modedit through custom built DAC on LPT port :) )
That's hardcore :-D
Indeed. :-D The DAC output was plugged into a small portable tape deck (Sharp with "X-Bass" - turned on all the time, naturally :hihi: ), I was 14 and it was a great fun!

We owned a 286 for a long time, it was still running when we had a PIII, built to last.

I was using portable recorders prior to computers - Yamaha MD4S then the Tascam 788.

First one I owned personally was some random 2nd hand thing from a geek friend, had an AMD processor, can't remember what exactly but it was the generation before the Athlon x2 which I bought soon after and ended up looking like:
P5060258.JPG
Hilarious to me now of course but I was into volt modding and overclocking ha.

Then a Q6600 build with 8800gt, then a 2600k/GTX280 then 1230V2/660ti.

I've stayed with the Xeon, mostly working with audio and one or two VSTI it makes no real difference.

My first music creation device that I used for backing tracks was Music 2000 on Playstation... I paid $100 for that disc and it was worth every penny. Unfortunately almost all of the music I created with music 2000 was stored on minidisc and went when the MD4S was stolen.

Music 2000 in action (excuse the horrendous acoustic guitar): https://soundcloud.com/postalpro/ds1/s-WQJRg Music 2000 - Digitech RP7 (lap steel and clean sounds) Roland Cube and DS1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I play guitar

commodore 16, but started the whole mess with colecovision.

Chickenman wrote:My first music creation device that I used for backing tracks was Music 2000 on Playstation... I paid $100 for that disc and it was worth every penny. Unfortunately almost all of the music I created with music 2000 was stored on minidisc and went when the MD4S was stolen.
That sucks. Do you still have the minidiscs themselves? If so, second hand minidisc players are out there on ebay. I wish Sony hadn't botched the MiniDisc market. It was a perfect replacement for tape (not CD, as they pushed it).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

My Sony hifi MD player swallowed one of my discs then died about 5 years ago. Second time that's happened. My Sony DAT player went the same way.

C64 in 1985! :love:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Chickenman wrote:My first music creation device that I used for backing tracks was Music 2000 on Playstation... I paid $100 for that disc and it was worth every penny. Unfortunately almost all of the music I created with music 2000 was stored on minidisc and went when the MD4S was stolen.
That sucks. Do you still have the minidiscs themselves? If so, second hand minidisc players are out there on ebay. I wish Sony hadn't botched the MiniDisc market. It was a perfect replacement for tape (not CD, as they pushed it).
I had my gear out in the lounge my girlfriend at the time was doing some vocals for me, we went to get some lunch - they came in and took a blanket from the cupboard - dumped my md4s, couple cheap rack effects units, my minidiscs/microphones/cables and a bass guitar in it and were gone.

I have had some lows in my life but few match up to that one.
I play guitar

Chickenman wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
I had my gear out in the lounge my girlfriend at the time was doing some vocals for me, we went to get some lunch - they came in and took a blanket from the cupboard - dumped my md4s, couple cheap rack effects units, my minidiscs/microphones/cables and a bass guitar in it and were gone.

I have had some lows in my life but few match up to that one.
Damn. :-(

I misunderstood. I didn't realize you were stolen from. Theft is despicable.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”