Windows 10 installs automatically during Windows 7 or 8 updates

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uh, now I get it. Microsoft is installing Windows 10 during the update process. Huhhh? Yup. That's right.

How to Stop Windows 7 or 8 from Downloading Windows 10 Automatically
http://www.howtogeek.com/228551/how-to- ... matically/
Al

First you have to remove all those GWX files you already have on your computer, then make sure you never download KB3035583 again, which seems to work as a portal letting in all that WX crap. You should always have automatic updates disabled, so that you can analyze and manually decide what gets downloaded, and what not. When you see KB3035583 in the update list, block it and hide it via right-clicking. But beware, MS sometimes ignores your choice and slips it into the next update list again :P

But really, MS' behavior sucks, such sneaky intrusion is disgusting. I wish Linux were easy enough for me to handle.

Another reason to stay with XP.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

almound wrote:Uh, now I get it. Microsoft is installing Windows 10 during the update process. Huhhh? Yup. That's right.
No, it isn't. Maybe you meant it's downloading the update files automatically.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I wish Linux were easy enough for me to handle.
It's really not that hard.... The big issue is that the "good" apps just doesn't exist for Linux............ :(

Mushy Mushy wrote:Another reason to stay with XP.
I didn't know XP still lives......... ;)

Regnas wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I wish Linux were easy enough for me to handle.
It's really not that hard.... The big issue is that the "good" apps just doesn't exist for Linux............ :(
Yep, that's my biggest issue with it as well. Simply no reception from the industry. Well, understandable with a rate of distribution of 1 or 2 % on home computers (and the attitude of large parts of the Linux community towards the "industry").
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lol wow.

stillshaded wrote:
Lol wow.
Never misses a beat and does everything I ask of it.

Regnas wrote:
I didn't know XP still lives......... ;)
It is old and wise, it's the Yoda of OS.

I installed a brand new Windows 7, updated it and it activated nicely.
Then I downloaded the Win10 installer from Microsoft, it told me the system was good to upgrade, downloaded the 4GB or so of installation files eeever so slowly, started setup only to let the Setup.exe die on me with the error message "this upgrade path is not supported by this product" or something similarly silly.
Several times.
Now I have many many Gigabytes of downloaded Win10 installer files on my hard drive and I still can't trigger the installation without everything downloading and failing again.
Such wow, many Microsoft, total bollocks.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:I installed a brand new Windows 7, updated it and it activated nicely.
Then I downloaded the Win10 installer from Microsoft, it told me the system was good to upgrade, downloaded the 4GB or so of installation files eeever so slowly, started setup only to let the Setup.exe die on me with the error message "this upgrade path is not supported by this product" or something similarly silly.
Several times.
Now I have many many Gigabytes of downloaded Win10 installer files on my hard drive and I still can't trigger the installation without everything downloading and failing again.
You could try the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. Which version of Windows 7 are you trying to upgrade?

Mushy Mushy wrote:
stillshaded wrote:
Lol wow.
if you are only using it offline I see no problem with it. If you are using that online that is your problem.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
stillshaded wrote:
Lol wow.
if you are only using it offline I see no problem with it. If you are using that online that is your problem.
And indeed it is.

The work PC is W7 so I'm not completely anti it.

chokehold wrote:I installed a brand new Windows 7, updated it and it activated nicely.
Several times.
Are you sure Win 7 is FULLY up to date.

There could still be several updates yo download and install.
This can stop Win10 from installing.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”