Problem with Firefox

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think this is a Firefox problem though it could be Windows 7 too. Recently IF I am viewing a site and accidentally click on the screen (easy to do when you are scrolling down lots of text) A little tab appears and often I get thrown back to a previous site I was looking at. The tab for the 'present' site is located on the toolbar. Problem is this is happening many times a day and is driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to turn this 'feature' permanently OFF? Thanks

No-one? 34 views, no reply?

Doesn't happen here. Maybe you could be more careful when scrolling ... are you using a mouse or a touchscreen?

tony Smyth wrote:No-one? 34 views, no reply?
because its an audio forum. Every time you post a general PC question, we wonder why as well. It may sound like a wild idea but how about trying the Firefox forum?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ge ... ty-support

Try reinstalling it, but before you do that make sure you delete the Firefox folder in %appdata%\Mozilla. Keep in mind that it will delete all bookmarks and any settings you have when you delete that folder. Is like installing it for the first time. If it keeps doing that it might be some sort of spyware or something like that so you can try a scan with Malwarebytes.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”