Symbolic links bug in El Capitan

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using this app for some years to create symbolic links on my Mac from the context menu, I use these to organise my plugins.

http://download.cnet.com/SymbolicLinker ... 33926.html

If you are on El Cap this doesn't work anymore and has a very nasty bug that could bring down a system. I upgraded to El Cap a couple of weeks ago and tried making a Symlink to a plugin folder with it today - it made one link but then it made 2 more copies of the same link, then 4, then 8 and so on - before I knew it I had thousands of identical copies of the same link completely blocking my desktop and it just carried on doubling them up, no doubt would have continued till I ran out of space. The only way to stop it was to do a quick reboot, then I was able to delete them all. No idea how it happens but I do not want that to happen again.

Luckily the Finder replacement Pathfinder, has Sym link creation built into it so I will know to use that in future and have deleted this old app.

Wow, I use it on El cap with no issue. I wonder if there is something in there that is having a conflict?

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”