Can anyone shine some light on the Steinberg UR-44 channel strip engineers presets?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been looking everywhere, manual, website, fora, but I can't find a list with an explanation about the different engineers presets in the channelstrip. There seem to be clusters (AK,OK,MR,IO etc.) but the sub instruments differ as well and above all even those abbrevations meen nothing to me.

Now obviously you can just try them but I think it's super weird there is no documentation about it.

I've asked on the Steinberg forums already but this online community seems to have disintegrated a long time ago already and the only person who responded said there is no list although he did refer to a manual of another Steinberg Audio Interface and although this had no other info than in the UR-44 this implies these settings are something native to other Steinberg products so I'm hoping someone here has some information for me.

EDIT: Just realized I probably placed it in the wrong subforum. Sorry about that.

EDIT2: Just received word from Steinberg. As it turns out the AK,OK,MR,IO etc. are the initials of the engineers names who made the presets and they are just different 'colours' you can choose from. Other than that there's not much too it and no info available -which in a way is fine with me but still as a relative newbie to mixing I don't feel it's that weird that I confused the abbreviations with certain purposes like IO (In/Out) or MR (Mastering) so a little hint in the manual would have been nice but anyway, question's solved!
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”