Windows 10 getting a "facelift"

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why don't they create a skinnable version of Windows? That way, anyone could dress Windows as they like, and stop this nonsense.

WTF, every time they come up with these GUI "innovations", the thing looks more stupid than before. They should take notice of that old saying: "Don't replace a winning team". I think the entire design department has to go. Either that or hiring a couple of dogs to prevent them to mess with the computers :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Why don't they create a skinnable version of Windows? That way, anyone could dress Windows as they like, and stop this nonsense.
+10 :tu:

fmr wrote:Why don't they create a skinnable version of Windows?
WindowBlinds lets you do that
Last edited by ere2learn on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've been using window blinds for years. A decent solution for the skining thing. Well good as it gets on windows.

ere2learn wrote:
fmr wrote:Why don't they create a skinnable version of Windows?
WindowBlinds lets you do that
But that is a third party solution, and it costs money to buy.

Why can't Microsoft just include such an option in Windows already?

Because stardock needs to survive too,its $9.99

fedexnman wrote:Along with the guy that invented " New Coke" who would want a Coke to taste like Pepsi . 1980s .... :?
Believing too much in focus groups, and losing the bun :hihi:
Last edited by Numanoid on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fmr wrote:WTF, every time they come up with these GUI "innovations", the thing looks more stupid than before.
:hihi: So true.

Numanoid wrote:
fedexnman wrote:Along with the guy that invented " New Coke" who would want a Coke to taste like Pepsi . 1980s .... :?
Believing too much in focus groups, and losing the bun :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbpeGOZpAVk
Irony ..... I went to Whataburger and got a Triple Whataburger about 11pm last night ..... No Coke through ... :hihi:

pekbro wrote:I've been using window blinds for years. A decent solution for the skining thing. Well good as it gets on windows.
Last time I checked Windowblinds didn't support Windows 10. Did they update it?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I checked. I think I'm gonna pick it, and be back to Windows 7 look :)
Fernando (FMR)

Doesn't look like Windows 10 is getting a facelift - Looks more like some of those Metro apps that very few of us actually use will have the minimise/maximise/close moved down a little bit.

mcbpete wrote:Doesn't look like Windows 10 is getting a facelift - Looks more like some of those Metro apps that very few of us actually use will have the minimise/maximise/close moved down a little bit.
If it's just those apps, then I really don't care. As you said, very few users actually use those.
Fernando (FMR)

Why would you use Windowsblinds when you can pick a theme from here: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/cu ... ows/win10/
From the looks of it you just need to patch some system files with an utility. I remember I used to do it in Windows 7.

nIGhT-SoN wrote:Why would you use Windowsblinds when you can pick a theme from here: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/cu ... ows/win10/
From the looks of it you just need to patch some system files with an utility. I remember I used to do it in Windows 7.
Because you can do more with WindowBlinds than just change the colours of windows, and also because those themes look terrible !

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”