Ryzen dilemma/ wait for the x470?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I was about to buy a new ryzen 1700x pc then I started reading up about the updated ryzen due in Feb or march with new x470 boards.
It's the new boards that have got me thinking I should wait .
Thoughts anyone ?

if you think that way.there will be some new chipset every quarter or half so you cant wait forever to get the best

so i would say
always go guns blazing(1950x) on a generation so that it can compete the next few generations

my experience
i had bought my laptop which had the best processor of that generation(2014) and it still works quite well for me till now
i am now thinking of upgrading to ryzen laptop as soon as prize of ram comes down
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Current motherboards will be supported until 2019 if I remember right, if that's what you are worried about. So you will be able to use Ryzen+ and Rzyen 2 on current motherboards. New boards will probably add new I/O features, maybe wifi, USB 3.2 and stuff like that. Memory controller is in the CPU so the chipset won't change anything about RAM. If you really need a new PC, then there is no reason to wait, but if you current PC could do the job until February/March then wait. Keep in mind tho, prices for those new CPUs and Motherboards will most probably be higher.

Just ordered new pc today , scan are doing Black Friday deal on the 1800x so just went for it , mrs ain't happy tho
Should be giant leap from my broken q9450 setup

then remember to overclock that
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote:then remember to overclock that
It's a scan 3xs system , I'm sure they will get the best out of it for me .

scottishraver wrote:Just ordered new pc today , scan are doing Black Friday deal on the 1800x so just went for it , mrs ain't happy tho
For me from Q6600 to 1700 was a GIANT leap and I didn't even get to overclock it, I don't feel the need right now. I really love this CPU + platform. With 16GB @ 2999Mhz (hope I'll get to use 3200Mhz soon), it doesn't even bother with almost any kind of app you throw at it. With other words, get ready to be impressed. :D

nIGhT-SoN wrote:
scottishraver wrote:Just ordered new pc today , scan are doing Black Friday deal on the 1800x so just went for it , mrs ain't happy tho
For me from Q6600 to 1700 was a GIANT leap and I didn't even get to overclock it, I don't feel the need right now. I really love this CPU + platform. With 16GB @ 2999Mhz (hope I'll get to use 3200Mhz soon), it doesn't even bother with almost any kind of app you throw at it. With other words, get ready to be impressed. :D
Thank you for this reply I read something last night that I lost sleep over lol . And began thinking I'd made the wrong choice , il sleep better tonight :-)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”