Fixing Logic auvaltool errors?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The auvaltool in Logic is causing problems as it keeps giving me this message:

'This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent'

This appears to be an El Capitan issue but I am running the latest version of Logic so why is it using the outdated tool? Is there any way to install the latest version separately?

Any ideas? I don't understand why Logic is using an outdated Component manager when it is uptodate in the Appstore. It's annoying because it's not validating a couple of plugins that I think should be passing.

I have El Cap 10.11.6 and Logic 10.3.2 with about 400 plugins and I have never seen this error message. What plugin causes it?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

At the moment it's a couple of betas I can't mention but I want to be able to rule out whether it is their fault or Logic's and looking at the date of the AUVal tool it goes back to 2013, the message is quite specifically saying it will need updating so why isn't that happening? I do not want to have to update the OS to Sierra just to update the tool.

I don't know if this possible at all to have the AUVal tool updated seperately. Also I don't know if the AUVal tool is part of Logic, so if newest Logic is installed, AUVal tool is also updated. Or if it is part of the OS. Only because it is from 2013 doesn't mean it's outdated. There were maybe just no changes needed. Or they just forgot to updated the information tag "Year" in the tool itself ;)

If you do a closed beta-test, why don't you get in touch with the developer? I guess he knows more details about those stuff.

At the moment I think it's an issue with the plugin, since none of my 400 plugins, from very old ones like Albino up to very new ones like Arturia V6 and Pro-L2 work flawlessly.

stardustmedia wrote: If you do a closed beta-test, why don't you get in touch with the developer? I guess he knows more details about those stuff.
I have done, but in the meantime, while waiting for a response, I like to be able to troubleshoot stuff for myself

Maybe someone else here has more knowledge about the AUVal tool and can chime in.

Where did you see 2013 for the tool? I wonder and will check that out as well.

It said in the error message
AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.

auvaltool[3733:298289] 14:45:13.636 WARNING: 140: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h.
only now I have located the actual binary (in usr/bin) and in 'Info' it's actually dated 11 Aug 2016 so I'm not sure what to think - could there be 2 copies on my system?

aMUSEd wrote:It said in the error message
AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.

auvaltool[3733:298289] 14:45:13.636 WARNING: 140: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h.
only now I have located the actual binary (in usr/bin) and in 'Info' it's actually dated 11 Aug 2016 so I'm not sure what to think - could there be 2 copies on my system?
That's just the copyright. That doesn't mean the latest version is from 2013. I highly doubt there are two copies of it, except you personally messed around that app ;)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”