Upgrading OS X and compatibility with my current software

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

risome wrote:As I've said many time s before my goto check page is
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... formation/
That's a great resource! Thanks :tu:

Xenon20 wrote:I had read that many people start in Ableton to get their ideas flowing, then end up finishing the project in Logic. The main reason for wanting to try Ableton was that I didn't ever get much done in logic - I often just ended up looping 8 bars and getting sidetracked tweaking plugins and never getting anything done. I wanted something that could help ideas come together easily and quickly.

You will do the same with Live too, because looping is what all those people essentially do in it, you can do that all in Logic, just it's maybe little faster in Live, but still, I don't think Live will influence much of your creative outcome for just being Live, but maybe you will find something inspiring in it, so yeah, try it.

Another thing, software will hardly replace inspiration, knowledge and hard work, instead start playing piano and examining music theory, another tracks and so on, start sketching rough ideas, separate mixing from composing, start off with using place holder sounds, tweak later.

What genre of EDM you do exactly?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Maybe try Live 'intro'. It is cut-down, though not as much as 'lite'. It certainly has enough to help you make a decision, and if you also use a more traditional DAW it might even provide all the scratch-pad fun you need.

It offers an upgrade path, and if you end up deciding to sell it I think you will lose less than if you buy into the 'full' Live, then end up selling that.

Just an option :shrug:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agree. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

If you get a copy of Live 9 you can still run 9.1 on 10.6.8 (Ableton have a download archive with all the previous major versions).

Even Live Lite would be enough to try out the workflow and there's always copies of that floating around the Sell and Buy forum.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”