Apple ditches IBM power PC chip and will use Intel.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hard to believe if its true! I dont own Apple gear but it may upset a few people :

http://news.com.com/Apple+to+ditch+IBM% ... =nefd.lede

Hmm. Wonder what will happen with all the programs that are optimized for the velocity Engine?
For those of you who don´t know what the velocity engine is (it is almost the same as SSE On intel & amd chipsets)

Dual AMD 4800XP beats Intel fastest CPU and newest dualcore development...
Well, do we need Mac to run over intel? or it will run also over AMD?

Apple have done this for years. They will get a better deal with IBM(for the PowerPC) if they talk with Intel first.

But maybe this time around they will change !

ibm, intel, motorola... these are just processors.
Apple should work on their OS that is the best they do.

This might be the first step for Apple to get out of the systems business and focus on software. If OS X runs on Intel and looks like a Mac, they just might offer some competition to Windows.

Let HP and Dell handle the low-margin hardware side and focus on writing 'insanely-great' software to compete with Bill.

I fear that if Apple tries to stay in the systems business using Intel chips over the long term, they'll truly just become another PC maker and gradually disappear -- they're not equiped to compete on that level.
--
-=>( D'Vonae )<=-

INTEL knows ...

... will FLS finally run on macs then? ...

Alot of Apple people are going to be bothered by this if its true for a longtime. Im hoping this is nothing but a puff of smoke of misleading info.
Please dont bite me.

Consitering that Intel, Apple, and IBM all declined to comment on this I think that its just another rumor report. It happens quite regularly....wonder why this is "news" when its not really official yet? We'll see on monday I guess when the supposed report is...but I bet its bunk.
"I'm not here for your cold roast chicken, I'm here for your love."
-Vanna White, Goddess of Love

meh.....
Intel r0x0rZ
AMD are burning hot poo :P
Apple wont.....they is just using intel to make IBM drop their prices.
( IMO people :) )

sleepingsword wrote:meh.....
Intel r0x0rZ
You got teh FL studio Crakc dood!!!!11!one

Viruz Roxorz!....I like Angelina Julie!!

sleepingsword wrote:meh.....
Intel r0x0rZ
Apple wont.....they is just using intel to make IBM drop their prices.
( IMO people :) )

they're in no position to piss off ibm
ibm does not need apple at all, especially not now their chips are used in the new PS3
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Also consider that Apple may like IBM chips in their computers, but might be looking to deal with Intel for various other chipsets, for things such as their mp3 players, wireless routers, etc.

How cool would that be!?! I'll laugh my arse off if it comes to pass on Monday.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

:o :-o :shock:

Triple booting Window/OSx/Linux on an X86 machine?

Come to think of it, yeah, I'm all for it.
Quote of the day: "If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names."--Elbert Hubbard 1856-1915

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”