CAUSTIC audio rack for Android

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Singlecell! I just bought caustic and I must say that its amazing! Just purchased it last night. I just started to get into music creation and your app makes it easy. I have a quick question. So from what I read just before my post, only way to create a note that passes one bar is through the pattern editor in the sequencer?

lion2 wrote:Hi Singlecell! I just bought caustic and I must say that its amazing! Just purchased it last night. I just started to get into music creation and your app makes it easy. I have a quick question. So from what I read just before my post, only way to create a note that passes one bar is through the pattern editor in the sequencer?
yep.

Hi SingleCell
I think we have chatted before via email or at the crackberry forums.
We talked about getting Caustic on the Blackberry Playbook. Any more word on this? We desperately need apps like this on the Playbook.

Cheers
Paul

manytone wrote:Hi SingleCell
We talked about getting Caustic on the Blackberry Playbook. Any more word on this? We desperately need apps like this on the Playbook.
Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul, I've got a Playbook coming my way in a few weeks by plane. (They're ~400$ down here in Oz!). No promises but once I get it, I'll give it a go for porting.

SingleCell wrote:
manytone wrote:Hi SingleCell
Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul, I've got a Playbook coming my way in a few weeks by plane. (They're ~400$ down here in Oz!). No promises but once I get it, I'll give it a go for porting.
How about porting to Windows too? :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I just bought the unlock key off of the Android Pit, but when I go to dl the actual Caustic app off the Android Market, it gives me, a "this item is not available" message.
I did a search on the AndroidMarket and other Caustic files come up, like the user presets, but the Caustic app itself is not there.
Then I check using my PC, and Caustic is there.
Why would it not show for my Android tablet, but it's AndroidMarket download page shows on my PC. Which of course I can't dl using a pc.
I'm bummed out about it.
Hope I can figure this out.

What Android Tablet do you have then?
On my Asus Transformer i can goto the market and see Caustic app and key app etc.

XGmode wrote:What Android Tablet do you have then?
On my Asus Transformer i can goto the market and see Caustic app and key app etc.
It shouldn't make a difference what brand machine it is.
I can go onto the a market and see all the apps and dl them too.
Except for Caustic.
I'm in China, so maybe it's not available for this country.
If that's the case, I'll just get that freeware thing that gets around that problem. Which I just saw on there. I'll try that and see.

mcnoone wrote:
XGmode wrote:What Android Tablet do you have then?
It shouldn't make a difference what brand machine it is.
I can go onto the a market and see all the apps and dl them too.
Except for Caustic.
I'm in China, so maybe it's not available for this country.
If that's the case, I'll just get that freeware thing that gets around that problem. Which I just saw on there. I'll try that and see.
Well, the brand doesn't make a difference, but the processor that's in it does. Caustic requires an ARMv7-class processor.

There is no country restriction for the app, just hardware filtering based on CPU.

SingleCell wrote: Well, the brand doesn't make a difference, but the processor that's in it does. Caustic requires an ARMv7-class processor.
There is no country restriction for the app, just hardware filtering based on CPU.
Hi SingleCell.
I bought it recently so I'll check to see it's processor, but it should not make a difference as to why it won't come up on my search, on the Android Market.
When I'm on my pc I can clearly see the page for it.
On the android tablet it says "this item not available" message from the android pit link, and a search on the android market just results in the user packs for it with no app itself. It's very strange.
Is there any "other place" to "legally" dl the demo?
I see lots of "shady" links for it, but don't want those.
Thanks.

The Windows version shows everything, since filtering for processors there would make no sense, since you aren't installing there, but the Android market on your tablet 'sees' your processor and so doesn't display incompatible software, otherwise you would have many people installing things they can't run and become disgruntled and requitre refunds, make bad reviews etc. The packs and keys aren't flagged like the app is, maybe something can be done about that but maybe not, as they technically can be installed on your device.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

mcnoone wrote: Hi SingleCell.
I bought it recently so I'll check to see it's processor, but it should not make a difference as to why it won't come up on my search, on the Android Market.
Yes it does. As Braj just said, the Market on your device will filter out apps that won't work on your device. Ex:. if you don't have a front-facing camera, it won't show you apps that require one. If you don't have a processor that can do floating point math in hardware like Caustic requires, it won't offer it.
mcnoone wrote: When I'm on my pc I can clearly see the page for it.
Sure, but if you're logged in to your Google account, have a look underneath the big icon in the upper left, it shows what devices you have registered and if they're compatible with the app.

Now it's possible it's reading the hardware specs wrong, it does happen, which is why we're asking you to list your device specs, at least the CPU model so we can help. In fact if the packs are being listed, my guess is your processor is actually fine, as they have been flagged to only show up for ARMv7 devices too.

This free app will list your processor specs
https://market.android.com/details?id=o ... id.sysinfo

SingleCell wrote:
Now it's possible it's reading the hardware specs wrong, it does happen, which is why we're asking you to list your device specs, at least the CPU model so we can help. In fact if the packs are being listed, my guess is your processor is actually fine, as they have been flagged to only show up for ARMv7 devices too.
I found them.
ARMv7-rev2 (v71)
cpu freq-1008mhz
screen rez-800x480
android v-2.3.4
model-onda mid

mcnoone wrote:
SingleCell wrote:
I found them.
ARMv7-rev2 (v71)
cpu freq-1008mhz
screen rez-800x480
android v-2.3.4
model-onda mid
Awesome! It looks like the Market is getting it wrong, or is filtering on a feature your tablet isn't reporting.. Anyway, I'll send you a link for the APK in a second, just let me upload it..

Edit: PM sent, hopefully it works ok.

SingleCell wrote: Awesome! It looks like the Market is getting it wrong, or is filtering on a feature your tablet isn't reporting.. Anyway, I'll send you a link for the APK in a second, just let me upload it..
Thanks a lot.
edit:
Installed and working great.
I'll go back to the apit and re dl the key in a bit here.
Then it's hours of fun. Thanks again.
(btw I emailed you from your site last night describing this problem, so you can just ignore that then)
This music app really is great!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”