Korg iElectribe for iPad, anyone has experience of this one?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

I am starting to look at all those instrument apps for iPad like Korg iElectribe for example. Anyone tried this out and used it in a production? What i am looking for is a god drum machine to make loops/beats on to use in my productions.

I wonder if the sounds are more like 808 or 909 type of old sounds only or if it has a wide range of styles?

Can anyone confirm if this ap is good or bad? :)

Thanks in advance,

/Tobias

It's a good synth, the original hardware was aimed at dance sounds 808, 909' but since ielectribe is a synth I've been able to get a diverse range of sounds with it. It has Presets for drum and bass, dub step, house, hardcore etc ... easy to use and program.
simon

It's actually very much like an actual ER-1. The sound is not like 808/909 but kind of it's own - in my opinion the ER:s have always been better for digital percussion than for powerful kicks and snares - they are kind of weedy. Brilliant for making loops on the go and not too shabby for live improvisation.

With the prices they are going for I really don't see why anyone owning an iPad wouldn't buy ER and MS. Plus Animoog, of course.

I'd like to see both models ported to the Android operating system.

pinbot wrote:I'd like to see both models ported to the Android operating system.
Do you hear that sound? Awkward silence.
:hihi:
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

JavaJ wrote:
pinbot wrote:I'd like to see both models ported to the Android operating system.
Will never happen due to latency issues.

Korg products on the iPad are astoundingly useful, fantastic sounding and of the highest quality of almost any other iPad synth.

I bought their entire collection and love each and every app.

Just buy it.

Mike

I now have an iPad 2, but I got the original iPad April 5, 2010. The iElectribe was the first music app I bought. Now had it over 2 years, and it is still fun to mess with.

As far as Android goes.... If I didn't like music (and a few other iOS exclusive) apps, I would have an Android device (I actually like the Kindle Fire). But I do enjoy music, therefore I bought the device that fits my needs. Instead of the constant whining by Android users for everything to be ported to Android, perhaps they should simply get the preferred devices for music creation. Just a thought.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

I have to say that I found the iElectribe to be a bit disappointing. It's even more limited than the actual hardware version and I don't think the photorealistic UI really makes the best use of the iPad's touch screen.

What's there is well executed at least, though.

I've got the hardware version and the app. Now guess which is collecting dust :-)
It is fun and as all Korg apps it is well laid out and made to be used. Note there is also a Gorillaz edition of the iElectribe available in the app store.

I've had an original ER-1 since they were new. It's been great for IDM type sounds, but the snare drum possibilities are particularly weak. The iPad app is based on the newer hardware, and actually sounds better than my real ER-1! I particularly like the motion recording, which has the potential to really bring life to a simple pattern. Especially given the price, it seems pike a no-brainer for iPad owners. Also the iMS20 and Animoog.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

JavaJ wrote:
Yeah, I have to jump on the bandwagon on this one. The latency problem in Android is a show stopper for many developers, and a major hindrance for many of those who do make apps for Android. In the last 3 weeks, I've purchased and returned the following:

* Amazon Kindle Fire: Very few Apps, boring interface, and Suffers from Android's well-documented bad audio latency. This was for my wife.
* Concurrently, I purchased an Inspiron N5040: This was for me, and meant to be an upgrade from my old laptop from 2006. The problem with this one, was that the audio was really glitchy (My old laptop from 2006 performed better than this one).

My wife started to get a toothache, and after a dentist visit, the dentist said that she had formed a bad cavity, and needed a root canal and a cap. Our budget didn't allow for the dental work and our new toys. We took the Kindle Fire and the Inspiron N5040 back, and decided to compromise on a single device that we would both share: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus. This was a great device, but my wife didn't like the interface, and I didn't like the audio latency and lack of apps, so we returned it too.

Long story short, the dental work didn't cost as much as we planned, and she and I both liked the iPad, so we ended up getting an iPad 2 with 16gb of Ram. The choice in audio apps is better, and the audio latency is supposedly under 6ms (around 5.5ms). It's being embraced by the audio industry and my wife likes the interface. And, as much as I swore that the 10" screen was too big, and that I preferred the 7", now that I'm using it, I actually do think the 10" is a better size.

Off my soapbox: So the Electribe is a synth, not a sampler then..... I prefer a sampler, so that I'm not tied down to a particular sound set. ;-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Do the Korg apps ever go on sale?
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

DrApostropheX wrote:Do the Korg apps ever go on sale?
According to Appshopper, iElectribe has dropped down to $9.99 several times since its release, the last time in November. I just got an iPad recently, and would love to pick this up, but the potential for a sale that big has me waiting just a little bit longer.

I realize that iElectribe is a synth, but does anyone have an opinion about whether it is redundant to have both the DM1 Drum Machine and iElectribe?

I like the iElectribe but I'm not so fond of the iMS-20. The interface for the latter is just too fiddly for my tastes.

I think the DM1 and iElectribe fill pretty different niches so having both couldn't hurt.

DrApostropheX wrote:Do the Korg apps ever go on sale?
LOL. I've got ALL of the Korg apps in my appshopper wishlist--waiting for a SALE! :tantrum:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”