SampleTank for iPhone/iPad Updated to v1.2

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:Virtual MIDI is not the only feature that was mentioned in this thread. Audio related features were mentioned as well. For MIDI, there is a great app called MIDIBridge that is available right now.

We are definitely listening to what users want, and keeping an eye on developments and trends in mobile music making. Please feel free to drop in on the IK Forum where you will have a direct line to IK. We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to discussing the Mobile Music Revolution.
Hey Brian, I already have MIDIBridge, but have never used it. If I were to use something like Beatmaker 2, would Sampletank iOS work with that? Would I be able to write my MIDI from Beatmaker 2, and then play & save the audio?

Also, Assuming that the audio is able to be saved, what format is it saved to?

Also, again assuming that audio is able to be saved, what methods are there for getting the audio out of one program and into another one?

Thanks!

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Hi Sean,

Look at this thread, you'll find a lot of answers to your questions:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=meteor

Fot getting sounds out of Sampletank, there is two options:

- record the headphone out ( or, with a DAC, the dock output)

- export as an m4a file (maybe the only "pro" App that don't allow you to export a .wav file...)

At this point, audio copy and Virtual MIDI are slated for the next release. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletankios

Audio copy will be useful, but WAV export would really help.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:At this point, audio copy and Virtual MIDI are slated for the next release. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletankios
Looking forward to it, finally this app will be useable for me. I'd just about given up...

Ha! THAT is an important update and a great news!!! Can't wait to see it.

hogo wrote:Audio copy will be useful, but WAV export would really help.
It is how I understand AudioCopy, or am I wrong, Peter?

J.C wrote:Hi Sean,

Look at this thread, you'll find a lot of answers to your questions:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=meteor

Fot getting sounds out of Sampletank, there is two options:

- record the headphone out ( or, with a DAC, the dock output)

- export as an m4a file (maybe the only "pro" App that don't allow you to export a .wav file...)
Thanks! I'll look into it! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:At this point, audio copy and Virtual MIDI are slated for the next release. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletankios
Cool! That's really good news! That means I'm putting it on my list as a "Will buy," rather than on my list as a "Might Buy." :-)

--Sean

I will do my best to get more information about upcoming releases. J.C. - audio copy will allow you to paste what you copy into other programs. I will see what other features/sounds we may have coming best I can, whether they are export-related or not :)

Ok, then it will be a wav file. It's always a wav file with this technology. It's really great news to be able to get the best possible sound quality out of Sampletank!

Thanks for getting more info about this update :tu:

Really nice news !

Love this app. Just picked it up during the sale.

But #1 feature needed TIMES 1,000,000 is Audio Copy!

How am I supposed to get my song into Auria otherwise!?? I don't want to offshoot it to a DAW for further processing.

Next features requested:

WAV file export
Dropbox export

I will be a happy camper for a while when those three things are done. Tell your devs! These missing features are holding your app back. The community wants to love you.

We already told the product manager about the Copy to the point that it will be in the next update, from what I've been told. We'll relay the other requests too. Thanks!

I also got Sampletank because of the sale.

I tried using it with the camera connection kit + M-Audio keystation mini 32.
Unfortunately it didn't work, it does work in Garageband.

Also its not full retina like Amplitube, doesn't matter for the sound but Amplitube looks so nice :D

Anyway great app, look forward to future improvements.

Thanks for the kind words. We are excited for SampleTanks future updates to! How are you liking the sounds in SampleTank iOS?
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”