session band app

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, anyone gonna try this?
It all seems a bit pop idol to me, but part of me is thinking "cool.. instant backing tracks to jam with"
And another part is saying,,"I'm almost out of space on my iPad!" - it's a 600 mb + download..

It is a big download but reckon well worth it. I downloaded it earlier. sounds are awesome especially the rock and country loops. recommend it

strummer100 wrote:It is a big download but reckon well worth it. I downloaded it earlier. sounds are awesome especially the rock and country loops. recommend it
Would you fork out for the extra packs..?
Are they an extra download or already there just to be unlocked I wonder..

ipad comes with about 20 full sets loaded which is why its such a big download - one or two from each main genre. you have to buy the others!! sound is awesome. looking at the site, iphone version has 16 sets and thats £2. def worth a punt

---So far my loading is taking forever!

I'm in mixed minds about this.. It sounds very good, especially the acoustic/blues /folk styles but at the same time I'm thinking, well there's not a lot of variation really.. Once you've played around with one set there's not a whole lot can be done with it.. It has the same feel from start to finish, you can't drop say the organ out for verse 2 say, etc and there are no variations for verse chorus bridge apart from adding a drum fill.. I think there's a gap for something between this and GarageBand ..maybe something with a very good quality selection of sampled basic band instruments and the ability to load a wide variety of professionally made midi loops in different styles .. That would keep the download size small apart from the initial sample library.. Even if they do add more variations and sets with this it's going to chew up iPad storage space by the mouthfull!

---I may never knows its limitations, I can't seem to get it to install after downloading it....

Scott Murrell wrote:---I may never knows its limitations, I can't seem to get it to install after downloading it....
Ouch! What version iOS are you on ? iPad or iPhone?
Try a restart of your device?
It's a pain when that happens . Especially on big downloads
I always just try download the big ones overnight or when I'm doing something else- less disappointment when you have to do it again ;)

---I had to do a hard reboot of my iPad2 and it worked. The app is fun but I can see it not being that fun after the new wears off. It sounds very good though...I hope they add midi so we can control the chord changes from a midi keyboard, I think that will help it some.

I'm finding it a little flakey when editing lengths of measures etc.. Sometimes it jumps to other loops- not the one you're trying to edit.. Anyone done any editing and found this?

I really hope they add some extra editing features.. It needs a quick way to change key for your whole song otherwise you have to go thru and edit every loop/block.. Also it's all very well to be able to change styles but if you're going from an acoustic style that is 80bpm and you want to try a rock feel well suddenly everything is 160 bpm .. You need to be able to automatically double/halve loop lengths or bars to accomodate this I think..

Being the app whore that I am, I am downloading this app as well. Quite a long download here too. I imagine that I will purchase the Rock Style pack if all goes well.

It is great to see new apps show up.

Good luck amigo's.

---IMO it needs midi but that isn't on the short list of things the developers are concerned with...

[quote="strummer100"]It is a big download but reckon well worth it. I downloaded it earlier. sounds are awesome especially the rock and country loops. recommend it[/quote]

everyone.....60% off for 3 days on this app. bargain

---I downloaded the rock pack yesterday but will download the whole bundle today. The more I use this the more I like it! All of those packs for $10.00 is great!!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”