iRig HD (and some other products, announced and unannounced) on Display at CES 2013

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry correction to the spelling Jimmy to Jimmi spell check had switched it.

Either way try it out at a local music shop side by side a USA made tube amp to any modeling you can immediately tell the difference.

This isn't anything against IK it is just my opinion. I do like to be proved wrong and thanks for checking my spelling it is really important to me that my posts are correct.
The sleeper must awaken.

diggler wrote:Sorry correction to the spelling Jimmy to Jimmi spell check had switched it.

Either way try it out at a local music shop side by side a USA made tube amp to any modeling you can immediately tell the difference.

This isn't anything against IK it is just my opinion. I do like to be proved wrong and thanks for checking my spelling it is really important to me that my posts are correct.
It's only you here that think someone believes simulation is better than the real thing.
No one is making that claim here. Wake up.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

I think it is great that they aren't out sourcing to China thank you. Also it is terrific that it has low latency.

I am awake I am just very skeptical. Past experience with amp modeling was waste of money for me.

Past experience with USA made guitar equipment superb.

Also I don't care if you don't respect my opinion it makes no difference to me, but I can still have one. It is called freedom of speech.
The sleeper must awaken.

diggler wrote:Sorry correction to the spelling Jimmy to Jimmi spell check had switched it.

Since you said how important spelling is, I thought I'd better let you know that it is spelled "Jimi".
I would have thought someone so into guitar tone would know that....

I'm just wondering how on-topic it is - there's at least a couple of shootouts and such over in Effects. Not that your opinion isn't welcome, it really is kind of what BMoore said - nobody is really making any claims here. And dang, it is an IK thread too so that's ultra-surprising!!! (yes, I can make fun of myself once in a while)

Anyway, that's a nice obligatory video, george, so thank you and we do have our own CES "trailer" video (made as CES started and to highlight the announcements too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ_8GfygAQ0

Looks like iRig HD (along with something else) is a hit at CES, more on that soon though...

gepetto1000 wrote:What about pc-world, is HD compatible with Windows systems and if, what about asio driver?
It is class compliant so it will work with Mac out of the box, not Windows.

Ha ha that is hilarious I misspelled it again on purpose just to see a bit of re action. Everybody is a grammar teacher on the net.

Really thank you for the information about your new product. I actually am considering it as a practice tool now that I know a bit more about it.

I like to see people get defensive about products. It can be a sign of a great product.
The sleeper must awaken.

diggler wrote:Ha ha that is hilarious I misspelled it again on purpose just to see a bit of re action..
Yeah, on purpose. That's the ticket.

Thanks for the chuckle!

I like you Aural Chaos glad we can both laugh together. Spelling is not my forte and you don't like trolls. IK looks like they got a nice product coming out for mobile guitarists so I guess all is well.
The sleeper must awaken.

I don't believe I was defensive at all (admittedly, I had to check. It does happen from time to time ;) ).

I'm glad you appreciate the potential of iRig HD and hope you do give it a try. Thanks.

Sorry I wasn't saying Peter from IK was getting defensive. Actually you really helped me understand more about your product which was my intention.

I was saying others were defending that you can't compare amp modeling to the real thing because there is no one claiming it. On the flip side there are many American made amplifier names included in the product description which implies that it is. There for I see it as consumers defending a product.

This may give a beginner to the technology the wrong impression that they are the same. Similar, modeled but not the same when compared and that is exactly my opinion.
The sleeper must awaken.

Well, there are major amplifier and other gear manufacturers who choose IK to create the most authentic virtual versions of their hardware so yes we certainly are proud of that. Can't say I blame us ;)

Beginners have been getting misguided impressions for years, and I believe that the massive improvements in "virtual" versions of high-end vintage gear are beneficial to beginners - not a detriment in the least. There is so much more that they can now do compared to years ago. Hopefully you can understand my opinion on that, and I did hold this opinion long before I worked for IK.

I do totally respect everyone's opinion. I also see that you are an expert in this field and have more experience then most on the issue.

I like that there have been massive improvements and the technology is getting better. I have been a little bitter after getting burned on earlier versions of modeling programs.

I think that the hardware is the key to achieving highly realistic sounding simulated tube amps. I would like to see an incorporation of new and old technology. Is it possible to make an interface that has real tubes in the signal chain that directly are modified or used by the simulation software for a more warm feel?

Really I feel the difference is analog and digital perception why not use both forms in one device. I would like the versatility and program ability of the digital but the warmth of a real analog tube amp.
The sleeper must awaken.

Hink wrote:dont want to derail thread but DAVE!!!! Where you been my friend, good to see you around :)
:tu:

You sir, have a PM!

:hug:

Mac computers allow you to use one audio interface for input and another audio interface for output. With PCs (Windows), you can only select one audio device at a time. The iRig HD has no headphone jack. So technically, it will input the sound into a PC. But you have no way of hearing it.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
gepetto1000 wrote:What about pc-world, is HD compatible with Windows systems and if, what about asio driver?
It is class compliant so it will work with Mac out of the box, not Windows.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”