TouchAble app

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Before I spend $25, just curious if anybody is using this TouchAble for music production work and what your thoughts are on it, particularly those using it with Live 9. Do you find that it enhances your workflow? The reason I'm asking is that the people who praise it the most seem to be DJs, which makes me wonder if it's really just a glorified clip launcher. Also, is it working OK with Live 9?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I use it mainly for live stuff, recording, playing back clips, faster to use than a mouse when holding a bass or playing keyboards.
It's also great if you have a single monitor and use vst plugs, no need to hide the plug to adjust a few things, mute a track, ...
And even on my second setup where I have two monitors I find it faster to use it while I'm editing a plug or the piano roll than moving the mouse all around.
The fact that it uses the same colors makes it fast to select the right track. Only thing I really miss is a view where you see all sends for a given track.
Anyway it's much better than any hardware controller I used before (novation, bcr2k, korgnano, ...).
Didn't use live 9(beta) a lot but I think it was ok.

Although it's much better than the previous version, I still have some glitches, like clips not showing, but globally it's pretty solid.

Now it depends what you need, if some functions that you use a lot are missing it may not be very efficient to go from one to the other all the time.

Also the xyz pads are pretty fun but a bit painfull to have to set them up everytime.

Thanks for the detailed reply, mbncp!
mbncp wrote:It's also great if you have a single monitor and use vst plugs, no need to hide the plug to adjust a few things, mute a track, ...
And even on my second setup where I have two monitors I find it faster to use it while I'm editing a plug or the piano roll than moving the mouse all around.
That's what I'm thinking. The main reason I'm considering it is so that I can park it next to my MacBook Air when I'm sketching out ideas, but I may also use it when I go into full production mode on desktop PC as well.
mbncp wrote:Anyway it's much better than any hardware controller I used before (novation, bcr2k, korgnano, ...).
That's good to hear because I was sorta thinking about picking up one of those instead, or maybe wait for Push, but from what I've seen from them (and the higher cost), TouchAble looks more appealing to me.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”