Sugar Bytes Turnado on its way to ipad

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's been alot of improvements to the iOS core audio system in iOS 6 (according to various devs), so I'd upgrade if it keeps giving you trouble.
------------------------

Soundcloud:
https://www.soundcloud.com/chris1a-1

Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Yeah, need to delete/clean out a lot of stuff before that.. No room for the update even here.....

They changed the app description saying they're working on a fix for iOS 5.x.
------------------------

Soundcloud:
https://www.soundcloud.com/chris1a-1

Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Is there a midi looper (ios) that could record the cc's sent by turnado and keep recording/playing in overdub mode ?

Edit: this looks a bit buggy, it crashes as soon as I enable midi out or when I move a knob, I don't think I had feedback loop, but Not 100 % sure.
Was anyone able to send midi out ?

For those with lemur and a second idevice it's easy to edit the studio combo preset.
Fader page : set each slider to cc1 to cc8, you can even add one to control the dictator.
Multislider, set cc1 to cc8 for the range and set the number of sliders to 8. Actually it would be better to even use less as it's really wild.
BouncyXY: this one is pretty cool, set the 4 pads to cc1-cc2, cc3-cc4,.... or whatever.
It's neat to have one axis go crazy from one side to the other while the other one moves slower.
Could need some extra options, like range, clock sync, recorder, per pad settings,...

And off course you can also control other params from the edit page with midi learn in turnado

I'd like to see the option for an echo tail when things are turned off, like on korg kaoss pedals.. Turning effects off can lead to a sudden dryness that doesn't always sound good

Does anyone know if you can use Konkreet Performer with Turnado?

I don't have my iPad with, but was reading the vitural midi tutorial for Konkreet Performer, and it seems to only require that "background audio" be enabled and then matching Midi CC.

Go to presets By Beardyman, choose 1 delay synth, hit play, move bottom right x/y pad = crash :(

Having other glitches & sound stutter/drop outs. I have the audio buffer set on 512 ( max ). iPad 2.

It does say you may get a refund up to 1 week after purchase. I am thinking about it, but hoping an update may fix issues.....

I love the idea, but seems to lack the quality I would expect for an app that isn't cheap. ( for an app )

As it's easy to reproduce it should be easy to fix, I guess. I think they are reading this thread but you could drop a line in their forum here on kvr.
I also had a crash once but didn't remember what preset it was or what I did, nice catch.

I get crashes with that preset as well.

OTOH, I played with Turnado for over an hour last night, running iMini through it with Audiobus, and had no crashes and no dropouts or (unintentional) glitches, on ipad2.

I was using reverb, flanger, reverse delay and a couple of filters-amazed at how much I could get out of my lowly ipad2.

I can't duplicate the Beardyman preset bug on an iPad 4, iOS 6.1.2
Although I can get it to lock up/crash by enabling MIDI OUT in the settings menu.
Could someone try to duplicate it please.
I'd be perfectly happy to try any others that people find.

I think maybe we could compile a bug report of any that can be duplicated, to save them some time.

I'm on the fence on this one. Not sure of the usability vs. fun-for-a-short-time.
And the feedback here now reminds me a bit of Alchemy's performance and bug issues.

And videos out yet, besides the official one?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

St3rling wrote:I can't duplicate the Beardyman preset bug on an iPad 4, iOS 6.1.2
Although I can get it to lock up/crash by enabling MIDI OUT in the settings menu.
Could someone try to duplicate it please.
I'd be perfectly happy to try any others that people find.

I think maybe we could compile a bug report of any that can be duplicated, to save them some time.
Is that only with a physical MIDI out? Just tried it with Network MIDI, and no crash. I'll hook up a cable later and see what happens.

I picked it up about an hour ago and am having a blast with it. It's really making want to start using all this stuff I have on my pad.

Is there anyway to get live audio into this thing (not via the bus)? Maybe something from my main DAW?

No, it's got nothing to do with the MIDI options near the XY pads.
It's when you 'Activate MIDI OUT' in the settings at the top of the screen. Select the on/off option on the left, close the window and it locks up immediately. It does it every time I've tried it and after removing it from the multitasking menu, it will crash the next time you open it. More testing of this is in progress.
This is not the only bug I've found and will be documenting them as thoroughly as possible, when time allows.
As this is only version one, I'll cut them some slack but the amount of bugs I find in iOS software, I should be a beta tester, lol!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”