iRig KEYS becomes the first Lightning-compatible music keyboard

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

iRig KEYS becomes the first Lightning-compatible music keyboard

New cable allows you to plug iRig KEYS directly into iPhone 5, iPad mini or iPad 4

A lightning cable for iRig® KEYS is now available for purchase from the IK Online Store for only $19.99/€17.99 (excluding taxes). BUY NOW!

iRig KEYS is the universal portable keyboard MIDI controller for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac/PC that lets musicians create, compose and record on the go. Its plug-and-play design features 37 velocity-sensitive mini-keys, pitch-bend and modulation wheels, 5 backlit programming buttons and a volume/data knob. iRig KEYS is Core MIDI and USB class-compliant, so it works straight out of the box with no additional software necessary. It comes with a 30-pin dock-connection cable for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and a USB cable for hooking up to a Mac/PC.

iRig KEYS is the perfect companion for creating music on the go. It comes with iGrand Piano FREE*, a concert quality piano app; SampleTank™ FREE*, a sound and groove module app; and SampleTank L** for Mac/PC.

*Download from the App Store.
**Register and download from the IK Multimedia website.

Hi Peter,
can you clarify please if using the irig keys, as the iPad port is now tied up with the connection to the irig keys, how do I send audio from the iPad to my computer to monitor and record, and how do I send midi clock to the Ipad from an external source?
Cheers
D
:)

dixie237 wrote:Hi Peter,
can you clarify please if using the irig keys, as the iPad port is now tied up with the connection to the irig keys, how do I send audio from the iPad to my computer to monitor and record, and how do I send midi clock to the Ipad from an external source?
Cheers
D
:)
For that scenario, you'd need to run it USB along with USB MIDI/Audio through the CCK. Although if iRig keys had a plain old MIDI out, it could have connected directly to a MIDI interface... V2?

I only find iRig keys useful for working within the isolated iPad environment. I'd much rather be using full sized keys with a responsive keybed for any serious work. The upcoming iConnect product is going to be more relevant to that scenario, cross-connecting the iPad's MIDI and audio directly to another computer.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”