It won't happen but still I can dream...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

--Imagine if a few of the great synth app developers got together and integrated maybe two apps together to allow for easier layering of the sounds?
The new Nave and Sampletank would be great or Manetron and the Nave with presets you could call up that combined your choices of sounds between the apps all in one place and no need for Audiobus that won't let you save presets.
I don't use Audiobus but from what I understand if the app has Audiobus capabilities you can combine different apps but that set up can't be saved.
I don't record I just use my iPad live so you'd think these folks would do this just for me!! LOL

Actually, it looks like you can do this NOW with MIDIBridge 1.5! Check out the video demo. Takes a little configuring, and I don't know if all apps are compatible.

(How did this update slip under the radar?)
Last edited by Breeze on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You don't use Audiobus?!

It's not just for recording....haven't you ever wanted to send a synth through an fx app?

Aural Chaos wrote:You don't use Audiobus?!
Audiobus doesn't save and recall setups, which you want to do in a live performance.

Breeze wrote:Actually, it looks like you can do this NOW with MIDIBridge 1.5! Check out the video demo. Takes a little configuring, and I don't know if all apps are compatible.

(How did this update slip under the radar?)

I'll check this out and thanks for the heads up....

Breeze wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:You don't use Audiobus?!
Audiobus doesn't save and recall setups, which you want to do in a live performance.

Audiobus seems cool but I need very quick access to sounds, in my classic rock band I am the lead, rhythm, and vocalist so time is critical.

Wasn't implying that AB can save or restore setups, just that it lets you do things with the iPad that you couldn't otherwise....

For live playing either get a couple of ipads or use a laptop or a win tablet and use the ipad as a controller
It will take some time and more powerful .ipads to get there, using a single one, but at some point I guess that AB will be able to load presets given the apps implement it as well.

One thing I always found great about the virus is that you can play a note (or chord), change patch, starting to play some notes with the new patch but as long as you don't release the keys of the previous patch they will continue to play the previous sound. I don't remember having seen that in the vst world. For live playing that's just magic.

===Thanks for the advice. We did just buy another iPad but my wife won't give it back to me!! :( LOL!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”