SampleTank updates with Miroslav Philharmonik Mobile Edition

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SampleTank just updated with a new in-app purchase: Miroslav Philharmonik Mobile Edition. Purchase price on the US store is $20.

Query for IKM:

1. I've already bought the "All Sound Packs" bundle. How are the new instruments different? Are there just more of them, or are they more detailed/articulated?

2. How much space do they take?

3. Are the Miroslav samples packed with the app and unlocked when you purchase (like previous packs), or downloaded when you purchase? ("Downloadable sound collection" implies the latter, and would make sense if it's a big download.)
Last edited by dswo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Supposedly it adds an additional 500Mb to your installation. I don't have it yet, but plan to get it.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

nvm

dswo wrote: 1. I've already bought the "All Sound Packs" bundle. How are the new instruments different? Are there just more of them, or are they more detailed/articulated?
These are definitely different and are the mobile version of our Miroslav Philharmonik library. You get 100 excellent sounds added, check out the audio demos in the in-app store to hear the difference.
2. How much space do they take?
It's 500 MB but compressed as a 125 MB download that takes about 4 minutes to unpack on the device once downloaded. It will take up 500 MB on the device, which is why we allow you to delete it and re-download it at will.
3. Are the Mirsolav samples packed with the app and unlocked when you purchase (like previous packs), or downloaded when you purchase? ("Downloadable sound collection" implies the latter, and would make sense if it's a big download.)
See above.

Thanks!
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you, Peter.

Any time. You can find more information including what sounds are in there here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... d-versions

Thanks for the link. Tempting, but I really wish it was standalone. SampleTank takes up a large amount of space. Are the sound demos from the desktop or iPad version? The demos certainly sound terrific. Good strings are the last sound I've really been missing on the iPad. So had been hoping for an IK specific strings app, but I will definitely be considering this option as well.

What kind of editing options/parameters are there for the strings? Do the sounds take up their own new Miroslav category bank or are the sounds intermingled with the current strings, organs, woodwind, etc. categories? Is vibrato an on/off option or do some sounds force the vibrato on? For example, the default Cello in SampleTank I'd like to have no vibrato and use an on/off switch to select when I want it, but I figure the base sample IS with vibrato.

Glad to see an iPad option for orchestral sounds.

Found a great video from the Sound Test Room. Got my questions answered.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sJzoN4QW35 ... JzoN4QW35Y

I wish it were stand alone too.
Instant human just add coffee

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Any time. You can find more information including what sounds are in there here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... d-versions
Other than in App purchase option and yet another few $ to spend, is there anything significant about this update?
Say, like AudioBus compatibility? ;)

Audiobus has been included since April. You can see it being used with an effects app in the video I posted above.

--I'm very impressed, I hope they develop other packs like this maybe with synths or brass ensembles.

Scott Murrell wrote:--I'm very impressed, I hope they develop other packs like this maybe with synths or brass ensembles.
If this one sells well I would expect we will see mobile versions of SampleTron and SampleMoog
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:
Scott Murrell wrote:--I'm very impressed, I hope they develop other packs like this maybe with synths or brass ensembles.
If this one sells well I would expect we will see mobile versions of SampleTron and SampleMoog

I hope so, I own all of the Sampletank sets for my computer but I really don't like using it live so this is a very good thing!!
Last edited by Scott Murrell on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, that's something we'd strongly consider based on how successful this downloadable content ends up being.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”