Sample player for Ipad ?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, im looking for a sample player for my ipad and my korg pa3x.... besides sampletank is there any more ?

Also, does cubasis will let me load vsti ? and vst sampler players ?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards ,

Ruifa

For sample players, you may want to try the BS-16i app.

The iPad does not yet have the capability to load plug-ins (though something similar to that may be coming soon). However, the Audiobus technology and app goes a long way toward allowing you to do something similar. It is a lot like the ReWire technology on PCs.

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:For sample players, you may want to try the BS-16i app.

The iPad does not yet have the capability to load plug-ins (though something similar to that may be coming soon). However, the Audiobus technology and app goes a long way toward allowing you to do something similar. It is a lot like the ReWire technology on PCs.

--Sean
Hi Sean,

I just need a sample player to add some samplesounds like sax, trumpets, etc to my korg... not need 16 part multi timbral, just 4-6 parts...
Does Bs-16i have effects to assgn to sounds like reverb and chorus/delay ?

Best regards

Ruifa

audiojunkie wrote:For sample players, you may want to try the BS-16i app.

--Sean
Hi Sean,

I just need a sample player to add some samplesounds like sax, trumpets, etc to my korg... not need 16 part multi timbral, just 4-6 parts...

Best regards

Ruifa

It is a soundfont player, and as such, includes the standard soundfont effects, which I think are reverb and chorus. BS-16i is the best alternative to Sampletank. Hope this helps! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Thumbjamb- still the best sampler for instruments-

sir Sampleton is a nice sampler and Nanostudio has a build in sampler.
Furthermore I use VoiceJam and Improvox alternatively.
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

ruifa wrote:

Best regards

Ruifa
For that yeah, check SampleTank. Good news is there's a free version so you can taste what it's like.

setAI wrote:Thumbjamb- still the best sampler for instruments-
Thumbjam 'could' be the best sampler for the iPad, but there has been a crossfade bug that causes clicking and popping in samples created with it that makes it unusable for making your own looped samples within the app. This bug has existed for the last couple of versions and the developer keeps forgetting to fix it. So, as a sampler, Thumbjam currently fails, and has failed for the last 2 years. Hopefully this will change in the future, but Sonosaurus has already stated that he plans on working on his percussion app next, so we may be waiting a while.

So, in short, Thumbjam hasn't been the best sampler for at least 2 years, and won't be for the foreseeable future.

--Sean

Spiritos wrote:sir Sampleton is a nice sampler and Nanostudio has a build in sampler.
Furthermore I use VoiceJam and Improvox alternatively.
Sir Sampleton is a one-shot chromatic sampler that has a max sampling time of 3 seconds. It is OK for Hits and other one-shot sounds, but can't do anything that requires any kind of looping, such as for example, stringed instrument sounds.

Nanostudio has the ability to load a single looped sample into Eden, but it can't multisample and acts more as an oscillator than a real sampler. A better choice for getting real sampling out of a single sample would be SampleWiz. NanoStudio also has the ability to add samples to drum pads, but it is hardly what the instrument was designed for, and is also very limited when it comes to sampling.

One option that I didn't mention, that is possibly the closest sampler available is Beatmaker's multisampler. I didn't originally mention it, because I don't like to think of a DAW as a sampler instrument. Also, Beatmaker 2 is bloated with crap instrumetns, and there is no way to get rid of them, so you are stuck with nearly a gig of space used up for a DAW that would be used as a sampler. If you try to Audiobus your playing to your regular DAW, you would be running 2 DAWs at the same time, which is very inefficient. The only good way around that would be to use Beatmaker 2 as your main DAW--but I personally believe there are better DAWs out there.

Another one is VoKey. It is a fairly complete sampler, but the GUI is a kludge, and it is a pain to use. I just don't like it much.

So, in short, if Thumbjam actually sampled correctly, it would likely be the best choice. :-)

--Sean

Ruifa, I still stand by what I said, and suggest BS-16i through Audiobus. You will have the standard Chorus and Reverb, plus you will be able to use the Audiobus effects slot for additional effects.

--Sean

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”