Announcing iRig PRO all-in-one audio/MIDI interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Announcing iRig PRO for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac

The all-in-one audio/MIDI interface that fits in your pocket

We're proud to introduce iRig PRO, a high-quality, battery powered universal audio/MIDI interface that lets you connect a microphone, guitar, bass or line-level source — or a MIDI controller — to your iOS device or Mac. Small enough to fit in your pocket, iRig PRO comes with Lightning, 30-pin and USB cables, allowing connectivity with any iOS device or Mac. You also get a selection of IK music apps and software so you can rock right out of the box.

Watch the trailer.

Watch how you can record a full song with iRig PRO.

Universal Compatibility

iRig PRO comes with three detachable cables, compatible with Lightning, 30-pin and USB connectors, respectively, allowing for digital connection to every model of iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac, out of the box, with no need for adapters. A MIDI cable with a standard MIDI jack is also provided to connect the widest variety of MIDI-compatible keyboards and controllers.

iRig PRO is class compliant and compatible with Core Audio and Core MIDI, so it can be used with any audio and MIDI processing apps for iOS and Mac OS, for true plug-and-play performance without additional hardware/software.

Watch the overview video.

Universal Apps and Software Included
For iPhone and iPad users, iRig PRO comes with a suite of IK's most popular apps for mobile music creation on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including AmpliTube FREE (the #1 app for guitar players) for guitarists and bass players, VocaLive FREE for singers, SampleTank FREE and iGrand Piano FREE for keyboard players and iRig Recorder FREE for recording engineers.

For Mac users, iRig PRO includes AmpliTube Custom Shop, the industry standard guitar-and-bass processing software; a free version of AmpliTube Metal; T-RackS Custom Shop, the mixing-and-mastering effect suite with a free version of T-RackS Classic; and SampleTank XT, a sound workstation that includes over 1GB of sounds.

Pricing and Availability
iRig PRO will ship in September from music and consumer electronics retailers worldwide for $149.99/€119.99 (exc. taxes). iRig PRO can now be ordered from the IK Online Store and select retailers.

Buy your iRig PRO now!

More Resources:

Peter, I want to like this. Am I mistaken in thinking that the line input is mono, or can it process stereo input as well?

dswo wrote:Peter, I want to like this. Am I mistaken in thinking that the line input is mono, or can it process stereo input as well?
It is a combination XLR/line input and each would be mono as is common in that type of connection.

I guess this isn't for me: I need at least two channels. But for guitars or vocals, this looks very usable: high quality, and portable!

So it has a Midi IN but no Audio out?And only Mono in?Not for me,sorry.

Of course not every product is for everybody but with this form factor and price, the feature set is really quite good.

iRig PRO does not need to be powered externally, has Lightning connection included for a MIDI interface and mic pre which is definitely unique and oft-requested of us, is currently available (there have been comparisons to discontinued devices), and is meant to be ultraportable. It truly was meant to squeeze in a solid feature set to speak to a large part of the mobile audio user base.

Again, not every product is for everybody but we feel this one meets the needs of many mobile musicians.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Of course not every product is for everybody but with this form factor and price, the feature set is really quite good.

iRig PRO does not need to be powered externally, has Lightning connection included for a MIDI interface and mic pre which is definitely unique and oft-requested of us, is currently available (there have been comparisons to discontinued devices), and is meant to be ultraportable. It truly was meant to squeeze in a solid feature set to speak to a large part of the mobile audio user base.

Again, not every product is for everybody but we feel this one meets the needs of many mobile musicians.
Peter, can you explain the intended usage without having an Audio Out? I was SO CLOSE on pulling the trigger on this one, but suddenly realised it's lacking Audio Out. I understand that headphones becomes mandatory with this product, but when I want to use the interface in my own home, hooked up to synths and what not, using headphone isn't really the preferred option. Why no Audio Out??
--
can't come up with a good signature

niglas wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Of course not every product is for everybody but with this form factor and price, the feature set is really quite good.

Peter, can you explain the intended usage without having an Audio Out? I was SO CLOSE on pulling the trigger on this one, but suddenly realised it's lacking Audio Out. I understand that headphones becomes mandatory with this product, but when I want to use the interface in my own home, hooked up to synths and what not, using headphone isn't really the preferred option. Why no Audio Out??
How is it a problem hooking your mixer to the headphone output of the IOS device?

I was just expecting audio out on a "pro" product like this. The built-in iPhone/iPad output isn't really "pro" audio output.. Having separate audio output for direct monitoring or individual audio routing from a DAW is the defacto standard for audio interfaces today.

[/b]
--
can't come up with a good signature

I believe my reply above explains the reasons iRig PRO has the features that it has but I can elaborate I suppose. Again, this is an ultra-compact interface that will surely meet the needs of many mobile music makers. You can use the device out to a mixer or other amplification (of course we have iLine Mobile Music Cable Kit to help with that ;) ) in the same way you would out from our other devices' output jack, for example. It is a VERY portable solution when paired with an iPhone, and no matter what device you are using, this is great for recording on the go - which most people export in the end anyway so it becomes a great way to get ideas down with higher quality than you'd get using iRig PRE for your mics, etc. Plus, the obvious one is that we'd need to increase the size quite a bit - not to mention the price.

Another great intended use (and there are some great pictures and information on our product page at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigpro illustrating this, conveniently enough) is to have your MIDI controller hooked up at the same time you are playing or recording your guitar, voice, bass, keyboards, etc which is great for either performing or recording. There are many other "intended uses" but I think that should suffice for now and whet the whistle with ideas.

Sadly they are sticking to the micro jack to MIDI interface. Whats wrong with using a standard MIDI socket IK?

[quote="miden"]Sadly they are sticking to the micro jack to MIDI interface. Whats wrong with using a standard MIDI socket IK?[/quots

Size at a guess, shame they didn't use the space they saved for either midi out or audio out (or both )
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:
miden wrote:Sadly they are sticking to the micro jack to MIDI interface. Whats wrong with using a standard MIDI socket IK?[/quots

Size at a guess, shame they didn't use the space they saved for either midi out or audio out (or both )
+1

Size. Full outputs and/or MIDI jacks would multiply the size. A small interface with these features, some of which are unique to Lightning-native devices without using an adapter, is what we were shooting for.

I've got the iRig midi which uses mini jacks. It works just fine.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”