Drum samples/vsti for iPad?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any high quality sounding drum samples/vsti's for iPad?

I noticed that GarageBand has a session drummer which sounds good but I don't know if this is a vsti that can be triggered via midi/Edrum kit?

The new session drummer is for the desktop version of Garageband currently, but it should receive midi just as the iOS app does.
Maybe even better due to some problems using multiple midi channels on the iOS version.

Nanostudio can import samples for drums, but might require some drum mapping if your midi note numbers don't match the pads in Nanostudio.

DM-1 is a drum machine emulator if you are going for older machines. DM-1 also imports samples.

There's more on itunes.
You could also look at the list of drum apps that are Audiobus compatible.
http://audiob.us/apps/
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

What kind of music are you looking to make?
Rock On!

It will be for a wide range of styles including Funk, Soul, Jazz, Rock.

dickiefunk wrote:It will be for a wide range of styles including Funk, Soul, Jazz, Rock.
I have an app coming out soon that will cover al that. I'll MSG you later.
Rock On!

Derek Buddemeyer wrote:
dickiefunk wrote:It will be for a wide range of styles including Funk, Soul, Jazz, Rock.
I have an app coming out soon that will cover al that. I'll MSG you later.
Sounds great. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

SampleTank has quality drum samples, though it does not import samples at this time. I've triggered it with my Roland V-Drums quite easily (through iRig MIDI) and it sounds and works well.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”