Which Synth to get??

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Should I get the Arturia Isem and Moog or get th Korg IM-20 and Polysix?.

Already got Camel Audio and Nave.

monsterism wrote:Should I get the Arturia Isem and Moog or get th Korg IM-20 and Polysix?.

Already got Camel Audio and Nave.
Easy answer, all of 'em!

Depends how much you want to spend, but if I had to pick one out those four it would be iSEM hands down. It just has a great sound, and is much deeper than you'd expect, yet really easy to program. iMini is also one of the best sounding synths on iOS IMO, but may still be a little buggy.

I'm a long time Korg fan, have owned a Karma, and MS2000, and my main keyboard is an M3 with the Radias board. I also own all their apps except for Electribe. I just find iMS-20 really annoying, tiny controls and slavish adherence to the hardware version.
Just picked up iPolysix and haven't spent much time with it.

The Korg apps are relatively pricey, and I'm personally not that interested in programming songs or sequences in them, so a lot of their functionality is wasted on me. The undoubtedly sound great though.

iSem, iMS20, and iPolySix are all on sale at the moment. The Korg apps are "pricey" even on sale. Definitely buy Animoog but wait until it goes on sale again is my advice. Appshopper will keep you notified.

Well I can get 2 apps realy, I already have animoog but I like isem but wasn't sure about the others. was hoping Thor would be on sale, is Magellan any good?

tempted by tenori-e as well if only as a way to sequence synths and stuff?.

Good buy?

monsterism wrote:tempted by tenori-e as well if only as a way to sequence synths and stuff?.

Good buy?
I'm wondering that, too.

I'm also wondering if the Tenori-e has ALL the functionality of the Tenori-i, and then a couple of extra features on top (effects, something else I can't remember), and a EDM soundset as opposed to a more acoustic/traditional soundset.

If someone can clarify this, that would be greatly appreciated.

I vote for iSEM, too; it's got balls and bite. I picked it up on a whim because it was on sale, and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

I'd skip the Korg stuff, unless you know and love the originals the apps are based on, and feel a need to have them/one of them in your arsenal.

You've got Animoog. You've got Nave. Add iSEM and maybe Tenori-e or some other sequencing app.

I'm looking at Arpeggionome Pro, which is apparently a very deep arpeggiator. It's 50% off ($9.99 down from $19.99) until the end of the year.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id58262794 ... mpt=uo%3D8

monsterism wrote:... is Magellan any good?
IMHO, Magellan is VERY good...unless you have an iPad 1. It is on sale for pocket change: $4.99.

stroker_ace wrote:
monsterism wrote:tempted by tenori-e as well if only as a way to sequence synths and stuff?.

Good buy?
I'm wondering that, too.

I'm also wondering if the Tenori-e has ALL the functionality of the Tenori-i, and then a couple of extra features on top (effects, something else I can't remember), and a EDM soundset as opposed to a more acoustic/traditional soundset.

If someone can clarify this, that would be greatly appreciated.

I vote for iSEM, too; it's got balls and bite. I picked it up on a whim because it was on sale, and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

I'd skip the Korg stuff, unless you know and love the originals the apps are based on, and feel a need to have them/one of them in your arsenal.

You've got Animoog. You've got Nave. Add iSEM and maybe Tenori-e or some other sequencing app.

I'm looking at Arpeggionome Pro, which is apparently a very deep arpeggiator. It's 50% off ($9.99 down from $19.99) until the end of the year.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id58262794 ... mpt=uo%3D8
Tenori-E is an improved version of TNR-i, its geared apparently much to electronic music but more importantly it has better features than tnr-i

I probably pass on the Korg stuff, I could get the VST I suppose sometimes which make it easier to adjust changes than fiddling with the tiny controls on screen.

Arpeggionome I'm sort of interested but I'm not even sure I would use it.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”