iOS 8 Audiobus

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry to report, but AudioBus doesn't work at all on iOS 8...
Crashes on startup ;(

I guess that's what beta's are for I would expect it will be fixed by show time
Instant human just add coffee

Let's hope so, it took 10 months to make AudioBus iOS 7.1.1 compatible. How many months will it take to become iOS 8 compatible I wonder?

iOS 8 isn't out yet and won't be for months anyway

Sloppy programming aka coding I'm afraid...
All major apps work fine with Inter app audio.. :)

Déjà Vu- I remember someone (was it you?) making the same complaint about it working with ios7 months before it was even released. Who the hell cares?

Seems like you have some sort of axe to grind. It certainly didn't take 10 months to make AB compatible with iOS 7.1.1 What is that even supposed to mean? iOS 7.1.1 has only been out for a couple of months.

I don't see it as an axe to grind. Leslie has access to the betas, and like the last time, he is just reporting what he is finding, for those (like me) who are interested. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Leslie wrote:Let's hope so, it took 10 months to make AudioBus iOS 7.1.1 compatible. How many months will it take to become iOS 8 compatible I wonder?
That's interesting; Audiobus worked fine for me in iOS7, right at release.

Leslie wrote:Let's hope so, it took 10 months to make AudioBus iOS 7.1.1 compatible.
What do you mean by this?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

According to Discchord

"The following message went out to Audiobus developers this morning

We're thrilled to announce that our new Audiobus 2.1 SDK is ready, and we're rolling it out today.

Due to some big changes in iOS 8, this is a mandatory update to the Audiobus SDK. If you do not update, your apps will display an error pop-up and cease to function with Audiobus on iOS 8.

We've worked on and tested it for months. It includes State Saving, a new look for the Connection Panel and it is based on Apple's Inter-App Audio framework. Implementing it will not only make your app compatible with Audiobus, but also with Inter-App Audio-only hosts. The new SDK is also completely backwards-compatible with older apps, and has an easy transition from an Audiobus 1.x SDK integration."
Instant human just add coffee

Yep, good news. Or it will be eventually, once developers incorporate the new SDK into their apps.

audiojunkie wrote:I don't see it as an axe to grind. Leslie has access to the betas, and like the last time, he is just reporting what he is finding, for those (like me) who are interested. :-)
Well no, not "just" reporting his findings. They're laced with snide comments about "sloppy programming" and other non-relevant information.

Just like the last round, this deserves some of these: :dog:

After all, it's a beta, so don't expect everything to work out the gate. If you're curious about what's working or not working, then sure, it's helpful for those that want to jump in, but again... don't expect things to work during a beta phase and especially chastise a company for not having a working fix this early on. That's the whole point of the beta phase... allowing developers to prepare their apps for the new OS version.

And I don't understand that 7.1.1/10 month comment either. Audiobus has been working during that time.

Hi Guys,
Just a quick update. AudioBus was just updated together with new SDK 2.1 that is fully compatible with iOS 8 :)
Among improvements, AudioBus SDK now has built in IAA and will require all apps to be updated.
PS; Sorry to couse so much controversy, it wasn't my intension... Peace :)

Thanks for the update! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Good news, Sunrizer has just released an update and it is the first iOS 8 and AudioBus 2.1 compatible app :)
Ps; out of 92 AudioBus apps installed on one of my ipad only Sunrizer is recognised.
PS; Sunrizer is not routed to AudioBus, i.e not based on latest 2.1 SDK...
BTW; Which app will be first..?
they all will have to be eventualy...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”