Z3TA+ iOS Version 1.3 is now available!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
We have just released a major update to Z3TA+ iOS!

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZS ... 93174&mt=8

We have some heavily requested features in version 1.3:
• Import Z3TA+ presets from iOS, or Z3TA+ 2 Plug-in, available on Windows & OS X.
There are several ways to do this. If you have Z3TA+ installed on your iPad, it will recognize the preset file extension. This means you can take one of your Z3TA+ 2 presets from your Windows or Mac plugin, email it to yourself, add it to your dropbox, or any way you can send the Z3TA+ 2 preset file to your iPad. You can then press on the file, and Z3TA+ will show up on your iPad as an app to open the file. This will then add it to your user folder.

• Import User Waves, MIDI Arps, Scala Tuning files, and presets via iTunes Sharing.
If you connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes to use iTunes Sharing, you can drop a large number of Z3TA+ relevant files in the App folder. Presets, MIDI Arpeggiator files, Scala tuning files, & User Waves can be added all at once!

• Export Z3TA+ iOS Presets via AirDrop, or email.
Selecting a Z3TA+ user preset in the browser, will show a Share Sheet button. If you press the button, it will bring up a dialog allowing you to use AirDrop to share it with another user, or share using email.

• Search Presets
Pretty self explanatory, We now have a search bar in the preset browser!

• Create Preset “Favorites"
When in the Preset Browser, on any factory, or user preset, there is a 'star' outline next to the program name. If you press this star, it becomes a "favorite". It can then be easily accessed for quick switching through presets, by selecting "Show Favorites".

• Scala Tuning support
This is a biggie for all iOS musicians!!!! There is little to no Scala file micro tuning support for iOS music apps. We now support the Scala tuning file format to map the tuning of a preset or the entire performance. In the Options menu, you can pick from the list of Scala tunings we have included, you can then lock or unlock the tuning. There are over 5000 different Scala tuning files available online, you can also create your own! You can then import as many as you want into Z3TA+.

• Copy / Paste Functionality for individual Oscillators, Envelope Generators, Low Frequency Oscillators, and Delay Effects.
Press and hold for one second on the tab of an individual Oscillator, EG, LFO, or Delay. A 'Copy' button will appear, if you then press on another tab of the same type, a 'Copy/Paste' button will appear. There is also the option in the PGM menu to copy broader areas of the app, but this feature allows you to copy and paste with more precision.

• “Please Rate This App” Button in Options Menu. Press to rate Z3TA+, we will not force a pop-up menu!
I'm sure a lot of you know that iTunes App Store ratings are important for developers. However, it can be rather annoying to see a pop up "Please Rate This App" when you have purchased a professional music application. This clock gets reset every time an app using this method is updated, resulting in more pop ups.
We will not do this with Z3TA+! If you have a minute, after using Z3TA+ iOS, and would like to give us a rating, navigate to the bottom of the Options menu, and select 'Rate Z3TA+ App"

Thanks for all your feedback and support!
-Joshua Langberg
Product Manager, DSP Team
Cakewalk Inc, Boston

Can import the commercial banks aswell EG. xenos 70's.

I use Z3ta+2 on my Mac and was really looking forward to this. I bought it and have found it almost useless. Many presets give no sound at all. Changing settings don't affect osc sometimes. Certain presets freeze if played too fast. I have deleted and reinstalled, cleared memory, done a soft reset on my iPad Mini but none of that has helped. Any other similar reports? A fix in the works?

Hello,
We have tested the iPad Mini, I have not run into any of these issues.
There are 3 settings to check in the Options Menu:
Render Quality, turn to.5X, High Precision, turn off, Hardware Buffer Size, 1024+

A few questions, is this happening when you are using Z3TA+ standalone, with a MIDI controller, or using Inter-App Audio, or Audiobus? Also, are there any specific presets that are not working for you?

There is a good "test" preset to try out that is higher on the CPU intensity, Arps: Bandpass At Work FS
Let me know how that preset sounds, it is playing back perfectly on the iPad Mini, I have in front of me.

Let me know, I will do my best to track down the issue.
Thanks for the report!
Have a good one,
-Joshua Langberg
Cakewalk Inc, Boston

Josh:

I appreciate the help. Those are all default settings, and what mine was at. This is not specifically a problem with the Mini - I tried on my wife's iPad2 with exactly the same results. Try preset pad Flange Stutter BT - that one has never worked for me, and others have reported problems with that as well. I tried Bandpass at Work, no sound at all, no sound on the next several either, until I get to BitTek DMS which works normally.

I tried standalone, I tried directly from Midi Sequencer same result. I just tried with AudioBus and the first time I connected to Bandpass at Work it was fine, but then I tried a few others (Flange Stutter did NOT work) and returned to Bandpass at Work and it did NOT work then. Very strange. Once the problem manifests I can use the arrows to advance thru presets and only about 1 in 3 function. When the do not function, even if I go in and add oscillators or modify filters, etc, still nothing sounds.

Hello,
I was able to reproduce the bug with the "Flange Stutter" preset on an iPad 2. The reason this preset is causing issues is that it is very CPU intensive by using multimode on a user wave. This is causing a CPU spike, if this happens, you must close and re-open the app. It has essentially crashed.
I was able to play back this preset without issue on an iPad 3, so it definitely has to do with CPU.
There are a few things you can do to clean up your iPad, although that particular preset seems to be the only one I can reproduce the issue with.

In Settings, General, turn off Indexing for everything but apps
In Settings, turn off Location Services
In Settings, Turn off Notifications
In Settings, Safari, Clear all the browser cache
In Settings, turn off Multitasking Gestures
Also, make sure you are updated to the latest OS

Let me know if this helps at all. That particular preset seems to be problematic, if there are others that cause the same, CPU Spike, let me know. We will try and remedy this issue, but it definitely has to do with processing power.
Thanks!
-Joshua Langberg
Cakewalk Inc, Boston

Very helpful! The key was your observation that once the CPU spike occurred it was pointless to continue, but necessary to reboot. As I observed above, I kept trying and kept finding no presets responding. I adjusted the settings as you suggested, got Bandpass at Work to play just fine. Flange Stutter Bt still does not, but as you noted it has special problems. If I avoid trying that, every preset I've tried has worked fine! I have also successfully sent a preset from my PlugIn version to the iPad and it loaded/played fine.

Really appreciate your help and insights. Guess I should also consider moving up to a more powerful iPad!

This just doesn't make sense to me. I also experienced the feedback/freeze with that patch- I have an ipad2.
Later that day I reopened z3ta to try Bandpass at Work- I was able to play it with no issues, even though it was claimed to be a very CPU intensive patch. To push things, I raised the quality settings to max- still no problems. So I tried Flange Stutter again, and this time it played fine. With several apps loaded in the background, wifi on, etc.

I've owned z3ta since it came out, and many patches would glitch, especially when played polyphonically. I accept that my ipad2 simply can't handle the processing involved for many of the more complex patches.

But it seems there is something else going on with Flange Stutter.

I just bought the app and I'm getting no sound out of it, tried to open it through beatmaker but it keeps telling me that it can not open the app. I'm running an iPad air 2 with iOS 8.1.2. Could not find any other place for support for this app. Thanks

I have the same problem. It does not produce any sound at all! Is this a joke? I paid money for this!

At least now I know I'm not crazy.

bought it recently? live in europe? http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/30/appl ... s-refunds/

I wrote Cakewalk support. Let's see what they have to say.

Thx for YOur help !! I also have no sound on my iPad Air (ios7 & ios8) and it's incredible !!! Cakewalk must do an update urgently....

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
There is one solution :
it works in airplane mode and changing date back to 2014

Source :

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/7183/ ... und#Item_3 (http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/7183/z3ta-ios-no-sound#Item_3)

This app Works in 2014. Ironic but true :wink:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”