App to control your DAW / Numerology, like a hardware Launchpad ?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had the original Novation Launchpad, but didn't like the pads that require a hard click to press them. So, not being aware of any other hardware alternatives that are soft on the fingers, I'm looking for any iPad apps that could do what the hardware Novation launchpad does.

I wanted to get an app that could control Five12 Numerology's sequencer or maybe Logic. Novation made the iPad Launchpad app, but apparently they made it so that it doesn't output midi and can't control external gear. Are there any apps that could control Numerology?

I may try out a hardware Launchpad Mini, but I've heard the pads also require a firm click and am pretty sure I wouldn't like the feel of it. I have Arturia Spark LE and like the feel of the x0x buttons on there. Is something felt as nice as those in hardware I would be game, but I'm thinking there isn't anything, so I'm turning to the iPad.

There is Ableton live push which is gréât with numerology because you have infos on the screens, encoder for volume and pan. The pad are smoother than launchpad. You can use the keyboard too on this with the keyboard module. But if you don't use ableton live, it must be a little pricey for only numerology. Check something as pxt general wich permits the use of push inside other daw. I use it with maschine too, it is great.

Post your question at the Five12 forum and you should have better luck. I think there is already a Lemur template for Numerology, may be other approaches

stikygum wrote:I've had the original Novation Launchpad, but didn't like the pads that require a hard click to press them. So, not being aware of any other hardware alternatives that are soft on the fingers, I'm looking for any iPad apps that could do what the hardware Novation launchpad does.

I wanted to get an app that could control Five12 Numerology's sequencer or maybe Logic. Novation made the iPad Launchpad app, but apparently they made it so that it doesn't output midi and can't control external gear. Are there any apps that could control Numerology?

I may try out a hardware Launchpad Mini, but I've heard the pads also require a firm click and am pretty sure I wouldn't like the feel of it. I have Arturia Spark LE and like the feel of the x0x buttons on there. Is something felt as nice as those in hardware I would be game, but I'm thinking there isn't anything, so I'm turning to the iPad.

I've used a Launchpad Mini with Numerology Pro 4 and it was nice and easy.
Meh.

Found the Lemur template. I'm going to use that. It looks fantastic. Not sure why anyone would want any other sequencer than Numerology. Seems more capable than most other hardware or software sequencers.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”