---

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We will just have to wait and see what this actually means, but it's intriguing for sure
Instant human just add coffee

I hope for a full version of Logic on the ipad at some point. especially the rumored ipad pro.

Very interesting, wonder what the developers have to say to this. Is it this sandboxed thing or what?
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

My money is on this being the reason why Ben was "recruited".
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

penguinfromdeep wrote:Very interesting, wonder what the developers have to say to this. Is it this sandboxed thing or what?
Chris from AD was ranting about iOS9 this morning, but then again he does rant a lot :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

He rants way too much yeah but that's his personality, anyway, any developers want to chime in?
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

I hope this will be very exciting for the mobile platforms...

BiancaNeve wrote:We will just have to wait and see what this actually means, but it's intriguing for sure
it'seems pretty clear to me when I read this :
The extension point also brings a full audio plug-in model to iOS and lets you sell Audio Units on the App Store
Win 11, UAD Octo satellite usb, Yamaha AG06 mk2, IK multimedia iLoud MTM x2, Ableton Live 11, Push 2, Reason 12, NI Komplete.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I put some information together about Audio Unit extensions: http://midiflow.com/blog/audio-unit-extensions.html (http://midiflow.com/blog/audio-unit-extensions.html)

I recommend reading this blog article as well:

http://discchord.com/blog/2015/6/10/wwd ... nt21340781
Remember that Inter-App Audio was first introduced as an "Audio Unit framework" back in 2013. Applying the name to something doesn't imply any specific functionality.
As Bianca said we will just have to wait and see. What "audio units" means at this stage is not given.

Looks to be an interesting development. Another feather in iOS's cap....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:Looks to be an interesting development. Another feather in iOS's cap....
yep. someone call ultrajv, and tell him that ios will be able to use plugins and that kraftwerk do indeed use ipads :P

I'm really looking forward to this. Lately, Ive been using iPad more and more for all sorts of processing. It would be really cool if I can get my favorite effects on the iPad and put the iPad in the signal chain at the gig. Dare to dream of using iKlip Stage and GarageBand on the iPad in split-screen mode on the stage. :D

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Looks to be an interesting development. Another feather in iOS's cap....
yep. someone call ultrajv, and tell him that ios will be able to use plugins and that kraftwerk do indeed use ipads :P
Hah!! :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”