Thoughts on Korg Gadget and Korg Module ? ... they're on sale, 50% discount

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

I tried the Gadget LE, to get a feel for the environment primarily ... was overall happy enough to take a chance on the full version.

Glad I did, the instruments I've tried so far sound great and I feel sure I got value for money here even just in terms of instrumets to be sequenced/recorded by other apps. Having a look at some of the demo projects, not my style of sound - but in terms of detail I can't imagine I will be making such projects myself. For that level of detail I think I will always revert to my computer + DAW or hardware setup. Neat that such projects are possible in that single environment though. As far as working in that environment, I don't see myself doing more than developing loops and phrases to be arranged/mixed later on in Ableton - which is perfectly fine and still represents good value for money if that's all you do. The ableton export will be great for that, when I eventually upgrade to Ableton 9+

I also picked up the two sampler gadgets that were on sale. That was a no-brainer once I was already using Gadget. I hope Korg make some more developments either with gadgets or the environment itself to handle and work with audio files.

I'm somewhat tempted by the Korg Module, I'm sure it sounds good and the fact its instruments would then be available in the Gadget environment is also kool - but I feel a soundfont player like bismark bs-16i might be a wiser investment for my uses. :shrug:

maybe a soundfont gadget... if the Korg Gods would be willing to oblige.

Everything I have gotten for IOS from Korg has been great. Module (with the triton and organ in app purchase) and the M1 (with extra cards) are both very nice. And reasonably cheap when on sale!

:phones: :phones:
바보

^
Plus they like to add integration of other apps back into gadget, like m1 and module. Would be nice if they add in the rest, would be killer to have ims-20 and polysix in there as well

Another +1 for the iM1/darwin/legacyvsti trio integration, saves a lot of time with the absurd number or preset and waveforms and it's really a techno/house/ambient/wave workhorse.

Bilbao is serving me well too, already having many soundsets from drummachines "gadgetized", pushing London into the corner.

There's also the upcoming korg wireless controller...although I'm getting a kick from my nanopad2...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”