Phonem will come to iOS

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems even as iOS audio unit...
https://youtu.be/kDn1dmOQHnA

Wicked :D

I don't have any PPG synths, OS X or IOS - are presets transferrable between them .... like Simon's for instance?

lnikj wrote:Wicked :D

I don't have any PPG synths, OS X or IOS - are presets transferrable between them .... like Simon's for instance?
Not sure, but since it's the same engine it should work.
I demoed phonem as plug-in but i would like it much more as multi-touch app.
It has voice per channel godness too.
It seems that again there is no windows 10 multi-touch optimized app? So it's dead island there...
When it comes to live input and manipulating and editing sounds iOS seems far superiour to most plug-ins on desktop.
It's nice to see more great synths coming.
Of course a nice side effect is that i bet it's a lot cheaper and has more functionalty (like included recorder, midi out options, on screen voice per channel modulation etc.)

I am checking the app store twice a day! How sad :D

On the presets, I note in the long video he has posted that he states that a "different" algorithm was used to save CPU so presets,if transferrable, might not sound exactly the same.

lnikj wrote:I am checking the app store twice a day! How sad :D

On the presets, I note in the long video he has posted that he states that a "different" algorithm was used to save CPU so presets,if transferrable, might not sound exactly the same.
I saw that too. Best is to ask Wolfgang Palm about it.
From the videos it seems exact can do the same as the plug-in. Maybe it's just much more cpu friendly and the plug-in uses the same now?
The only different i see in the description is that there are 4 different keyboard modes for the iOS version and 5 for the plug-in. Maybe they mean the ribbon controller?
The iPad has the big plus that you can play voice per channel direct on the screen.
Then you get the same for 19,99€ (not sure yet....could be a bit more...the other apps are the same) while the plug-in cost 119€.
You also can use several instances since it's an AU. It also had Audiobus and IAA support.
This is the most interesting synth for iOS this year for me.

I certainly agree with that. It will be on my iPad the moment I see it in the App store.

I guess it has been submitted and is awaiting Apple approval.

Released :)

Phonem by Wolfgang Palm
https://appsto.re/gb/QyP5ab.i
Instant human just add coffee

20 bucks only (like his other apps). Crazy for the same which costs 120 as plug-in (while the other plug-ins cost just 100).
Maybe not the best marketing :D
IOS is killing the desktop market :o

Cinebient wrote:20 bucks only (like his other apps). Crazy for the same which costs 120 as plug-in (while the other plug-ins cost just 100).
Especially for the developers that release the exact same software. Make us wonder where is the justification for the asked price, since they are selling it in Apple Store for 1/5th of the price, and still have to share the profit with Apple. If he can sell it for 20, why would we pay 120?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Cinebient wrote:20 bucks only (like his other apps). Crazy for the same which costs 120 as plug-in (while the other plug-ins cost just 100).
Especially for the developers that release the exact same software. Make us wonder where is the justification for the asked price, since they are selling it in Apple Store for 1/5th of the price, and still have to share the profit with Apple. If he can sell it for 20, why would we pay 120?
Maybe he sells more iOS apps.
But you can't sell apps for pro prices. But i also doesn't bought Nave plug-in for the same reason.
I thinking still about to buy the coming big iPad Pro.
Same tools, lower price, multi-touch optimized!
Also apps like the Finger Fiddle, Moog Model 15, Animoog, Shoom etc. shows me that the plug-in world is not so expressive (mostly) and more boring.
I think some of the other big players can't ignore that platform anymore in a few years.

fmr wrote:
I will happily pay $120 to be able to use Phonem in a real DAW on a real computer with real connectivity.

I have the large iPad Pro. I use it for drawing. It sucks as a computer replacement.

A prediction: in a few more years there will be no IOS.

I respect Palm and plan on continuing supporting his developments by purchasing this as well as his Full products.
Last edited by Dillinger on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dillinger wrote:A prediction: in a few more years there will be no IOS.
You could be right, as mobile devices will soon be powerful enough to run full blown desktop OS's. Windows already made a major step towards that with making mobile apps executable on the desktop OS. Not that their mobile OS is any successful, but maybe it doesn't even have to be anymore, now tablets already run the desktop Windows.

I am a latecomer to iPhones and iPads, having owned both for less than a year.

That puts me in a a position where I haven't had to suffer what others have done - now there is audio units, interapp audio, audiobus and midi and audio over the lightning cable. I can just plug my iPad into my MBP or iMac and run synths, generators and effects with remarkably low latency.

There are some terrific things on IOS that just have no counterpart on the desktop - TC-11, Animoog, Shroom etc and other tools such as the Amazing Noises stuff that just works much better on IOS than in Max4live.

It is not an either/or but an 'as well as'. Phonem I would not have paid for on OS X but on my iPad it is like a freebie in the Corn Flakes packet.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”