Best External Keyboard connection method for Ipad (IOS 11)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I have an old M-Audio Axiom 25 and am wondering the best way of using it with my Ipad?

I have seen mention of a lightning connector but can only see ones on amazon but cannot find ones that say working with the new Ipad or IOS 11?

Or would it be best to just sell the Axiom 25 and get a bluetooth keyboard?

Thanks

You don't mention budget, so I'll pop in here with what I use (and it's ~ $250). I have an iPad Pro, connected to an iConnectMIDI4+ device. Also in the mix, are two hardware controllers (Axiom Pro, Arturia The Laboratory61), a couple of hardware synths, a BeatStep Pro, and my Mac .. and assorted soft synths. The iCM4+ is a hella device to get figured out, and configured... initially. Once that is done though -- everything is integratable with everything. It should be mentioned that the iConnectivity team is small... and they've made some recent product direction decisions, that seem whack. (e.g. they are EOLing their support for the primary software that controls the ICM4+ and moving to a simpler interface software. All good . . . except there are outstanding issues with the current software, and the new stuff isn't finished. There is no published roadmap of features, or dates... so it's somewhat a gamble moving to them, imo).

Anyway - the iConnectivity iConnectMIDI4+ integrates my iPad Pro into my hardware and software synth setup, very nicely. Apologies for the lengthy post. :D

Joe

Thanks for that, do not have a large budget as only really have my keyboard and a korg padkontrol, just need a quick and easy way of using these with the ipad (if at all possible).

Not really looking into buying any new hardware.

Was looking for something around the £50 mark.

thanks

You just need a CCK 3, (Camera connection kit)
That plugs in to your lightning port and gives you a USB port and lightning port, the lightning will charge the iPad, the USB you can use to plug in the M-Audio.
Duh

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”