What happened to these other Rhythm Generator options?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The "Other Track Rhythm", "Other Phrase Rhythm", "Other Phrase Rhythm (Rendered)" options (shown in the screenshot above from one of Chris Caulder's videos) do not appear in my copy of RC when I open the "Rhythm Editor:" drop-down on the "Generic Generator" dialog box. What happened to them? The "Other Phrase Rhythm (Rendered)" option intrigues me.

Good question!
They were removed temporarily because of lack of proper testing.

These options will be very useful when the 'words' track is implemented. After you typed some words or syllables, you can create melody instantly. The Melody Generators will be able to use the rhythm from the 'words' track.

The future will bring some exciting features in RapidComposer ;)
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

This is an interesting concept Attila, and I am looking forward to future development. Continue to amaze us with your concepts and implementation! :tu:

Thanks so much!

Happy Musiking!
dsan

musicdevelopments wrote:The Melody Generators will be able to use the rhythm from the 'words' track.
8) Theoretically, would I be able to create a library of rhythmic monotonic (i.e. just the same musical pitch in use) phrases whose rhythms I could then apply to other polytonic (i.e. a variety of musical pitches in use) phrases in my composition? [Note: Actually it would not matter if the source phrase for the rhythm was monotonic or polytonic, but I figure if it is only the rhythm that matters, why bother using other musical pitches when using the same musical pitch will suffice (as in a click track)?]

I am curious how this algorithm would handle the situation when the source phrase of the rhythm has a different number of notes than the target phrase; would notes get added, dropped, or merged (if consecutive notes are the same pitch)?
musicdevelopments wrote:The future will bring some exciting features in RapidComposer ;)
:)

Yes, that could be interesting to implement. The phrase morpher already does something similar when transforming one phrase to another that may be totally different rhythmically. You can define if you allow horizontal or vertical note movement of notes close to each other, or just adding/dropping notes, etc.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I hope these features make it back soon.

I had book 2 of Schillinger's method of composition in the 70's when I worked at Umass Boston..I implemented some of what I learnt on a large MOOG system, in the media center.. At the time I was young and impatient, and this was above my skill level..

I would love to dwelve into it again, now that I have a greater grasp of composition. One of the founders of Berklee music in Boston was a student of Schillinger, and Shillinger's composition method was one of the first taught there..

Please bring it back and make available on a Mac please..

Thanx in advance.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”