Hosted as VST - missing start notes

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since some recent update, when hosted as a VST with midi going to a VST synth in the host;

when host is in loop mode the first note of a sequence in RC doesnt play after the first loop.

I dont know how to describe this properly!

yes same here too

w7 x64
Reaper x64 RCx64

This is common with a lot of tempo-based VSTs. Not just RC.

I have the problem when using RC as VST and sending MIDI to freeware VSTs like Togue Audio Line's plugins (great sound but missing the first note)... but other VSTs like EZKeys and stuff like that... no problems at all. I think it's VST-specific.... of course, RC could be at fault, but I don't think it's largely RC's fault.... so many DAWs can be very weird with MIDI, and then when you throw third-party plugins in the mix, you get weird behavior, too.

btw.
i just tried in Reaper
as a really easy workaround
its good idea to start to a project at for example bar 5 or 9
and when you need loop playback, make time selection press Shift+R
(create region for easily select the loop area) and extend start position of the region in 1/128 snap,then double click to region, that's it...works great.

Yes but it worked fine in previous versions of RC :(
Amazon: why not use an alternative

yellukhan wrote:btw.
i just tried in Reaper
as a really easy workaround
its good idea to start to a project at for example bar 5 or 9
and when you need loop playback, make time selection press Shift+R
(create region for easily select the loop area) and extend start position of the region in 1/128 snap,then double click to region, that's it...works great.
Loop mode isnt available in RC Vst plugin so you have to rely upon the hosts looping, so not sure what youre talking about with the Shift+R, it that a Reaper key combination?

Also shifting the start of the looped area in the host and RC makes no difference, first note is still missed.

RC didnt used to do this so hopefully itll get fixed.

you are right i wasn't clear :oops: ,
Shift + R, Reaper's key combination..
i guess the idea should work in any DAW that supports regions.
of course this is not the first note issue fix,
just a workaround for bypassing it, till get fixed.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”