MIDI IN = Midi Out

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Atilla:

I decided to post questions here, cause your answers could be helpful to others, and you don't have to keep asking the same questions first..

I want to use RC with my Tyros 5.. However it won't let me set the same port for input and output.....

I also can't seem to find or determine where a midi instrument gets assigned to a MIDI channel output.

I prefer to work with sounds that are going to be used in final project.. You get a much better sense.. Never cared for sound fonts. However if that is the design philosophy you started with. I should adhere with that, just fr the sake of not fight with the system

I at one point used Synfire Pro, very powerful and expensive. However the designer was very strong in his convictions about design and how to use his software... As a result, the software is very esoteric, and hard to use.. Having been involved with synth hardware, software, DAW software companies.. It's imperative that companies follow stablished conventions as much as they can....

It's like a guy designing an airplane, and putting all the controls in any arbitrary place he chooses.. Hence your potential customers are very few.. Most of us are not unwilling to unlearn 20 or more years of knowledge to accommodate a new piece of software..

Rapid Composer like a few other music generating programs, are on unexplored territory. So really there aren't conventions set in stone yet..

I'm still having a significant crashes on MacPro 10.9.5 Luckily RC recovers and remembers the song file as it was, so I'm not having to start over..

Keep up the good work.

Mark Styles

Hi Mark,

it is deliberately impossible to select the same MIDI output and MIDI input in RC on OS X.
When the input port was the same as the output port, it was a feedback loop, and RC received the same note on the MIDI input port that it outputs to the output port.
At least it worked that way with the "IAC Driver Bus". If you'd like I'll send you an update without this restriction. Maybe there is something that I do not understand about Mac MIDI port handling...

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”